OSTC cR - Ext sensor not activated at start when computer is not stated manually

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
StenMeyer

OSTC cR - Ext sensor not activated at start when computer is not stated manually

Post by StenMeyer »

SW 1.86 and earlier.
HW OSTC cR with one external PO2-cell

I have found a small bug in the external sensor SW. If I start a dive while the computer is sleeping the sensor in nor activated (RED PPO2 at left bottom corner).

I have found two workarounds:
1) Surface briefly to get the computer back to surface mode and dive again while the computer is still awake.
2) To manually switch to a fixed setpoint and then back to sensor mode.

Is this the intended function?

Regards!
/Sten
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC cR - Ext sensor not activated at start when computer is not stated manually

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi Sten,

Are you using our S8 HUD or direct analog input? If the sensor mode (CCR Setup Menu) is set to "Sensor" it should start into sensor mode even direct from sleep mode into divemode...

regards,
Matthias
StenMeyer

Re: OSTC cR - Ext sensor not activated at start when computer is not stated manually

Post by StenMeyer »

I use the direct analog input with 1 cell connected to the cell 1 input. Then it seems to be a bug since it doesn't do as it "should".
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

StenMeyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a bug since it doesn't do as it "should".

You're right. This issue has now been fixed in the released 1.88: read.php?6,15370,15370#msg-15370

Thanks for reporting and sorry for the trouble.

regards,
Matthias
StenMeyer

Re: Upgrade problem

Post by StenMeyer »

Thank you for a fast update!

However there was a problem when installing the upgrade. OSTC Companion (ver 1.200 for MacOS) didn't recognise the file. I hade to rename the file "v_188_ostc3_firmware.hex" in order to get the update into the OSTC.

/Sten