Battery indication

Legacy OSTC's
danboss

Battery indication

Post by danboss »

Good morning. I installed the firmware 3.11 and have problems with the battery indication. I loaded for more than three hours after a while that I dive, after short time indicated low battery. I went back to setting 31 and I set the symbol and not the percentage but it does not change. In the default setting 74 was 1800. I put the value 30 since the battery is given for 40 hours, and the display is set to "echo". Have I done something wrong? I have to change any parameter yet? The battery does not and never downloaded, the computer has approximately 150 dives. Maybe I have to replace the battery?
Best regard
Daniele
heinrichsweikamp

Re: Battery indication

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi Daniele,

A lot of confusing information in your post, sorry.

- Put CF74 to 1800 (It's in minutes, not hours!)
- Recharge the unit overnight (FULL recharge)

The indicator will work as designed (Going down to zero within 30hours of use, 10hours is extra safety margin) and will reset to full ONLY when it's completely recharged.

regards,
Matthias
danboss

Post by danboss »

Ok Matthias, Thanks for the quick reply. I set the CF74 of 1800. I'll let you know , thanks again
Daniele
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

I think I wrote this before but with the 3.1 we have added a new battery indicator. It switches to full if the hardware charging circuity indicates a complete charge. From here it will decline to zero (And start blinking) for the period set in CF74 (Default 1800 -> 30hours). Why this solution? The current consumption in the 2C, 2N and Mk.2 is almost constant when on, battery capacity is designed to work for at least 40hours with a full charge. So there are 10hours safety margin left. And recharging the unit every 30hours of use is recommend to have enough battery left even for a very long dive.

regards,
Matthias
danboss

Post by danboss »

Hello, yesterday I did the first dive computer with the firmware updated to 3.11. I did 80 minutes of runtime in trimix. Input the battery was at 100% output 98% display not echo. Like usually computer and ratio deco is very similiar... Now it works very well. Thanks so much. Daniele
WG

Post by WG »

during my upgrade to V3.13, CF74 was changed to "0"

this discussion helped me to fix the issue.

thanks to all contributors.

Greetings from Belgium

Walter