Battery voltage with 3.13 FW

Legacy OSTC's
awanadive

Battery voltage with 3.13 FW

Post by awanadive »

Sorry for another question about battery but I was unable to find my answer 8-) Is it still possible with fw 3.13 to display the battery voltage by any kind of CF?
Thank you for your answers!
AwanaDive
OSTC2N -- #5956 -- FW 3.13 EN
Laurie_the_Knot

Re: Battery voltage with 3.13 FW

Post by Laurie_the_Knot »

The battery voltage at the end of a dive can be seen if you go into the Logbook. Select a dive and display the profile by pressing the right button. Then press the left button once. As well as the gas mixes the battery voltage is shown in the the section above the dive profile.
Happy diving,
Laurie (OSTC2 #11454)
awanadive

Post by awanadive »

Thank you Laurie!
I meant "if is it still possible to display battery voltage instead of battery percentage during normal computer operations" 8-)
Happy diving,
Roberto
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi Roberto,

No, the battery display does not work with the voltage anymore. The new approach is much more reliable.

regards,
Matthias
awanadive

Post by awanadive »

Thank you so much Matthias,
this is the answer I was looking for! (tu)
Regards,
Roberto
Poiret

Post by Poiret »

Can someone please explain to me why the time since last charge is the best option. I used to have the voltage displayed but that was rubbish since I didn't know how high it needed to stay and it pretty much died. I then changed it to the symbol. Perfect as I can see how much it has left (roughly).

How does time since last charge help. I charged it fully and it was fine. I used it twice and then downloaded the dive. It now seems to give a battery warning I think because it was not plugged in for the full 31 hours last time so it is unhappy but I'm 99% certain the battery is still fine.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

In theory the battery will last ~50 hours (Not the recommended 30h) so you can increase CF74 safely. Battery cell voltage is almost unchanged between 90% full and 10% full. Why? Because the current is very low compared to the capacity. In the 2C we 2.9Ah capacity and a load of 30-60mA (Depending on brightness setting). The voltage variation due to temperature effects (cold water show an empty battery while it was "full" on the surface in the sun). This, and some angry complaints from users about this behaviour, resulted in the new method of showing the capacity.

regards,
Matthias