OSTC 2N dead during SW update - please help

Legacy OSTC's
Goose_66

OSTC 2N dead during SW update - please help

Post by Goose_66 »

Dear All (and especially Mathias!),

I have been diving my 2n for quite a while with great satisfaction and updated many times.

This time, updating from 3.03 to 3.13, after the red bootloader message came up, the screen switched off and the 2n does not turn on anymore.

Since I cannot turn it on I cannot try a further update.
Is this a dead unit? Anything I can do to revive it?
In case you ask, battery was fully charged as I always do before updates ... :-(

Thanks

Fabio
       --+--
______(+)______
      0  o  0
OSTC 2n #6210
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC 2N dead during SW update - please help

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi Fabio,

You can try to recover this by yourself with the bootloader v1 (Not v2!) as described here: forum.heinrichsweikamp.com/read.php?2,4071

See "If you have firmware <1.90:" and following.

With the 2N power supply is assured via USB during update, so even a weak battery does not matter. Bluetooth OSTC check the battery before the update, btw.

If you don't succeed it's very likely that we get this unit running again at our place. Contact us for details: info@heinrichsweikamp.com

Regards,
Matthias
Goose_66

Post by Goose_66 »

Thanks Mathias, I will give it a try tonight once I am back home.

Cheers

Fabio
       --+--
______(+)______
      0  o  0
OSTC 2n #6210
paoloprimo

Post by paoloprimo »

I have an OSTC 2N and in the past I did update it several times with no problem.
I changed my laptop and downloaded the companion software, started the update untill gave error.
I can see that it is connected to port 5, yet the companion keeps telling me that there is not connection and no update is possible. The N2 has the screen locked with “Bootloader Please wait!”.
reading on the forum I did a hard reset with a magnet. The “Bootloader Please wait!” disappeared but two little light on the bottom of the screen keep flashing.
I also tried with the bootloader V1 and V2. Nothing happened. The companion and all the other software do not find/recognise the 2N.
Please give me a solution.
Thankyou
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

If you have tried the steps as witten before:

[pre]
You can try to recover this by yourself with the bootloader v1 (Not v2!) as described here: forum.heinrichsweikamp.com/read.php?2,4071

See "If you have firmware <1.90:" and following.
[/pre]

and did not succeed, please try again or contact us. In almost 100% of such issues we do exactly what is written in the link above (With the v1 Bootloader, not v2!) and can recover the units here quickly.

regards,
Matthias
paoloprimo

Post by paoloprimo »

I tried all of the above. No life, only an orange an a blu little lights fascing at the bottom of the screen.

Can anything else be done