Color inactive gas & French translation

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
ClaudeDive

Color inactive gas & French translation

Post by ClaudeDive »

Hi Mathias,

I have already made this topic on 10 November 2014 and I hope a new analysis of my request for an increase in contrast of the color of inactive gas in order to improve safety and reading as is already the case and much appreciated on OSTC 2N, this development would facilitate identification when setting gas

It would also be very valuable to have the identification of the use of gas in a letter to complement the * = First, T = Travel, D = Deco

Both improvement, color contrast and letter to give of programing gas safety

Of course the blue inactive gas can be clearer than the pictures attached the blue as blue inactive gas OSTC 2N

Another point the French translation for "uptime: 13d21h"
With order of preference according to the display possibilty:
- "Mise à Jour: 13j21h"
- "MiseàJour: 13j21h"
- "M à Jour: 13j21h"

Best regards
Cheers ;)
ClaudeDive ><)))))°> OSTC3 #2430 <°(((((><
heinrichsweikamp

Re: Color inactive gas & French translation

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

"Uptime" is the technical term for the time the current firmware is running since reset/update or battery change. I think it's "uptime" in French, as well.

Changing colors for inactive gases: We had this discussion before, sorry.

Regards,
Matthias
ClaudeDive

Re: French translation & Color inactive gas

Post by ClaudeDive »

Matthias,

Sorry, but if it is indeed, last uptime Firmware v2.10 in French we should read "mise à jour depuis: 13j21h" or "dernière mise à jour: 13j21h" and to simplify the displayed text with " Mise à jour: 13j21h" to say that the last update v2.10 was made 13 days ago and 21 hours

In addition, for the color display of inactive gas, I wouldn't understand why the display is possible on OSTC 2N with the good colors is not possible on OSTC3 with the same colors !!! (see attached file IMAG0740.jpg)

Is there a technical reason?

Why your OSTC3 customer hasn't it the right to read the inactive gas with the same clarity, safety and display than OSTC 2N? (see attached file IMAG0740.jpg)

For me without clear explanation or technical, your position on this issue is totally incomprehensible !!!

Matthias I would just remind you that you have responded positively to the same application of color difference between GF value and value aGF. (see attached file IMAG0668b.jpg)
So why what is possible for aGF isn't possible for inactive gas?

Best regards
Cheers ;)
heinrichsweikamp

Re: French translation & Color inactive gas

Here's the original thread about this: read.php?6,13722 Please continue there.

Matthias
ClaudeDive

Post by ClaudeDive »

Matthias,

Easily to answer by an evasive reply !!!
But there is none of your answers in this and in the old subject who answer the questions:

Your customers are entitled to expect real answers to this questions:

Why what is possible on OSTC3 in color for aGF is not possible for inactive gas? (See attached file IMAG0668b.jpg)

Why does your OSTC3 customers - haven't they right to read the inactive gas with the same clarity, security and display that gives the colors present on OSTC 2N? (See attached file IMAG0740.jpg)

If you could answer those two questions, these would allow us to better understand and move forward on this topic.

Best regards
Cheers ;)
heinrichsweikamp

Hi,

Short answer: There are no color changes planned for the hwOS firmware due to several reasons. One is readability on the surface (sunlight). As you may have seen, we use a darker blue during diving (aGF/GF, Gaslist). Same blue on the OSTC3 firmware is much harder to see on the surface. The other options you prefer are ugly in our (and others, see provided link) opinion. OSTC 2N and 2C use a different screen compared to the OSTC3 you have.

Regards,
Matthias
ClaudeDive

Post by ClaudeDive »

Matthias,

Thank you for the answer,

In your analysis you might consider the following points:

The main argument being readability on surface under sunlight, for me who lives at the edge of the Mediterranean, there is no difficulty reading the darker blue of aGF / GF, Gaslist when using the simulator under sunlight,

That same darker blue is also used for Menu and View on home screen and give no problems reading in sunlight for nobody

Also this darker blue being used for inactive gas, even if you consider somewhat less readable, this aspect seems minor compared to the advantage of easy and safe differentiation of this darker blue with the white of active gas, compared to current blue gray with very little contrast,

Moreover, the OSTC3 setting, under sunlight is not the most easier way to do it when we often can have the choice to do it in the shade,

Otherwise it would be nice to offer a personalization possibility of adjusting the color or contrast of inactive gas in a future firmware HWOS,

Regards,
Cheers ;)