Disappearing/re-appearing deco

The big one
gorcio

Disappearing/re-appearing deco

Post by gorcio »

Hello,

just came back from an easy, light dive. 40m dept, air as back gas.
OSTC4 going almost head-to-head with Petrel2. Then, on the ascent, reporting 9m/2', 6/6' and 3m/17'. At around 14-15 meters depth, the last stop disappears both from Petrel and OSTC2, however, from Petrel it went from 9m/2' to 9m/1' and the disappeared. OSTC4 kept it as 9m/2' and then wiped it, leaving the other two stops as they were. Petrel shows 15' TTS, OSTC until now was about the same, suddently shows 25' TTS. Then about 3 minutes later, staying on the same depth, no change on Petrel. OSTC4 adds 9m/3', with TTS staying 25' and eventually going to 26'. We go up, getting close to 10m, the 9m/3' disappers again, but time gets added to the other two stops, becoming 6m/7' and and 3m/18'.
At 6m switch to oxygen - from now on, OSTC and Petrel go again head-to-head until the end of dive.
Now, there is a delta between two machines in the depth sensor - consistent about 20 cm deeper for OSTC , but I don't think it would really matter for leading tissue changes ...
Any idea or explanation ?

Best regards
gorcio
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
heinrichsweikamp

Re: Disappearing/re-appearing deco

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Wht GF/VPM settings were used and which firmware is running on the OSTC 4?

Regards,
Matthias
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

GF 30/80, latest firmware.

Best regards
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
heinrichsweikamp

Can you download the dive with the "OSTC Tools" and post the .dive file here, please? The deco stops are logged every few seconds, should be easy to see the issue.

Regards,
Matthias
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Unfortunately, I cannot download anything using OSTC Profile from OSTC tools. It starts download, shows green progress bar and message on the unit screen, then finishes and there are no dives to extract. The OSTC Dump does not connect at all. Is export from DivingLog of any use ?

By the way - there seems to be a new firmware available, 1.1.8 - could you confirm ?

Edit - I guess not ... just looked at the data ... al it contains is a flag (0/1) if there is a deco obligation. But even there, it shows deco disappearing and re-appearing on 6m (won't show my case with deeper stop gone, as only one stop disappeared, I guess)

Best regards
Gorcio
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

So ...
tried to upgrade to 1.1.8 .... keeps asking to update RTE to 0.93. Multiple firmware updates - still keeps asking.
I went back to 1.1.2 - lost all settings, there is a red message "cold start" displayed under the date. What shall I do with it ?
An explanation would be helpful.

Downloading dives using OSTC Tools -> OSTC Profile still does not work.

Edit :
the unit behaves rather strange after all those failed updates :
1. battery indicator is all the time red and empty
2. temperature is very incorrect (5 C)
3. so is the pressure (605 mbar)
4. compass does not work, does not calibrate at all
5. at version 1.1.8 - RTE is recognized as version 0.00, after coming back to 1.1.2 - it is recognized as 0.90
6. reboots of firmware/RTE do not help at all
7. desat time keeps counting down from strange 57h values, despite all deco having been reset ???

Help very much appreciated, especially that I am schedule for a nice sunday dive

Best regards
Gorcio
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
heinrichsweikamp

Hi Gorcio,

Where to start?

You tried updating to 1.1.8 (And of course it's an official release as it is on our homepage...). Something went wrong, do you still have access to the log window output? What's written there? Depending on the old version it may be required to give the unit a recharge so the OSTC "knows" it's battery state again.

Try re-starting the update with the companion.

Regards,
Matthias
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Hi,

I have been recharging it all night. Still battery empty, red.
I can try to re-install 1.1.8 again today and send you screenshots.
Effectively it shows 1.1.8 firmware, and RTE as 0.00 (font 0.9 if I remember correctly).
I have tried 5 times in a row, after first update, it was always prompting to update RTE, in red color, on the main screen.

Best regards
gorcio
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
heinrichsweikamp

Without a properly installed RTE part of the firmware, Pressure sensor, battery meter, compass and other hardware will not work. Make sure to have all parts installed then.

regards,
Matthias
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

But it does not install ! How can I make sure it is installed, if the installer does not succeed ? I have tried multiple times with 1.1.8, and the RTE is never installed properly using OSTC Companion.
I can re-run the installation as many times as I want - the RTE does not get updated.

Best regards
gorcio
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
heinrichsweikamp

What's the log output for the RTE part?

Regards,
Matthias
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

There is no log output.
It runs the update, then displays a message similar to wait to let OSTC finish or something alike. Then the unit reboots, displayes RTE update, text like "decompression data will be lost", progress bar, reboots and that's it.

I can record video tonight and put on youtube to share if you wish.

Best regards
gorcio
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
heinrichsweikamp

Hi,

I think it's easier when we look at the unit here, sorry.

I'll send you an email.

regards,
Matthias
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Just wanted to say thank you for a fast and effective service - my computer was returned to me updated, quickly and I am planning to enjoy it again this weekend.
Quality and responsiveness of your service could be taken by many as example, not just in electronics, but in general.

Thank you and best regards
gorcio
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828