Deco stop countdown

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
stiebs

Deco stop countdown

Post by stiebs »

Only just received my OSTC Sport today, so have only taken it for simulated dives so far. I love the safety stop countdown in seconds, but is there a reason why the deco stop countdown is only shown in minutes?

Is it possible to make the current deco stop a bit more obvious?

Ie, if I'm at 20m, and my next deco is 2 min @ 12m, it shows the next stop 1'@12m. When I ascend to 12m, there's no indication that my deco time at 12m is decreasing.

It appears as if the OSTC doesn't visually differentiate between "next deco stop" and "current deco stop". If its not practical the deco stop to turn into a count-down by seconds, is it possible for it to change to a different colour whilst it is the "current" stop?

Eg,
at 20m, next deco is 2'@12m (shows in white)
ascend to 12m, next deco shows 2'@12m (shows in green)
ascend too far before deco obligation is finished, deco stop shows in red.
stiebs

Re: Deco stop countdown

Post by stiebs »

I noticed this question was also asked in the Mk2 section of the forums (read.php?2,17381).

Is it just not a feature that is deemed useful/necessary, or is it technically unfeasible? Eg, does the continuous deco recalculation mean that deco stop seconds may jump around with slight changes in depth?
heinrichsweikamp

Re: Deco stop countdown

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

It's not implemented not because it's not possible.

It's not practical to show the deco stops in seconds. With all the effects (e.g. personal fitness, temperature) not taken into account to compute the deco times seconds display makes no sense to me.

You have a countdown already - but it's in full minutes.

regards,
Matthias