Bluetooth issue - paired successful but no ports set up

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Clem

Bluetooth issue - paired successful but no ports set up

Post by Clem »

I can successfully pair the OSTC 3 with my PC (Windows 10), but no ports were set up during the installation. Manually adding ports does not work either, as the OSTC 3 is not shown in the list for added BT ports (I can only see my OSTC 2 there).

I've reset the OSTC and rebooted my computer, tried installing it again etc. without success.

How can I make it work?

Clem
Clem

Re: Bluetooth issue - paired successful but no ports set up

Post by Clem »

Just to add some more information:

After a while a second OSTC3 showed up in my BT settings, which added the ports. However, they only worked once and not after a new connection some minutes later.

After removing both, and trying a few more times, I was lucky and suddently TWO OSTC3 were shown, one called OST3#0 and one OSTC3#050... (correct serial number). Connecting to the last one has installed it correctly now.

Anyway, what seems to be the issue here? I'm using the built-in BT on a Lenovo Laptop, which works with all devices that I have... I remember having had similar issues with my OSTC 2 thought, but it's worked for a year now...

Clem
stiebs

Post by stiebs »

I also had similar issues getting my Sport playing nicely with BT. I also saw it find two devices - one with just the first number of the serial number, and one with the full serial number.

I can't remember exactly what I did to make it work, but it's quite reliable now. I did do a lot of removing the device from device manager and reinstalling, but I'm not sure how easy that is with built in BT (mine is a USB-BT adapter, so unplugging and plugging it in again reinstalls the device)
Maixi

Post by Maixi »

Hello, I just bought an OSTC 2 and I do the same thing when connecting it, in this case, to an Apple Air.
I follow all the steps, I turn on the BT of the Air, active the BT of the OSTC, they pair and connect. What happens is that the OSTC immediately turns off and on. And there is no way to reconnect it, just by erasing it from the Air and restarting the process.
In this brief time I can connect it through the Companion, but then it goes off and in no case offers me the possibility to update the firmware, it is not marked the button for it.
I also did reboot the BT of the OSTC and it remains the same.
Any suggestions, Matthias?
Thank you!!
Maixi
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

- To update, just "update" (Without prior "connecting" in the Companion)
- The unit is shown as "Disconnected" in the Bluetooth window from MAC OS. That's normal, it toggles to "Connected" as soon as an Application (Like the Companion) trys to connect to it.

regards,
Matthias
Maixi

Post by Maixi »

Perfect, Matthias, the update has been perfect !!
1000 thanks !!