Feature Request : Make NDL on OSTC Sport Optional

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
aquarat

Feature Request : Make NDL on OSTC Sport Optional

Post by aquarat »

Hi

Would it be possible to make the NDL display on the OSTC Sport optional ?

OSTC 3 # 4897
OSTC Sport #12887
OSTC Sport #13246
heinrichsweikamp

Re: Feature Request : Make NDL on OSTC Sport Optional

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Sure. But why? I think it's an important information for recreational diving...

regards,
Matthias
aquarat

Re: Feature Request : Make NDL on OSTC Sport Optional

Post by aquarat »

I bought my Sport before I finished my OWD certification. Lately I've been diving with a buddy and we've been using GUE's Minimum Decompression Limits, which effectively replaces NDL. It would be very useful to have NDL as optional, so that during these "team" dives the display of the computer doesn't show unnecessary information, the display isn't cluttered and follows a more minimalist approach.

The Sport is very useful in this situation as the stopwatch and average depth displays work well for MDL lookup.

Naturally outputs from the deco model if NDL has been exceeded could remain mandatory.

Lastly, I must say I have now seen many different computer designs and the OSTCs, specifically the Sport, 3 and 4 are very well designed. My friend bought something recently from a company that charges a lot for their computers and I was surprised how badly designed the device was (thin wires in the battery compartment, glued-together enclosure, among other things). The way you talk to your customers, even when they have unreasonable requests, is excellent.

Thank you :)
OSTC 3 # 4897
OSTC Sport #12887
OSTC Sport #13246