usb cable

Legacy OSTC's
gilles

usb cable

Post by gilles »

hello
I've lost the original usb cable.
I thought another one with mini USB would be correct...so I try with my Phone cable...
I can charge my ostc, but it's not possible to connect with softs, to get my dives, updates, etc...no COM recognized...

I try with 4 others = same pb, but with the fifth (I'm obstinate...) it works !

So, my question: is there specifications for USB cable to work correctly with OSTC ?

thanks !!
gilles
U-96

Re: usb cable

Post by U-96 »

Hi Gilles

I normally connect my OSTC 2C and my mobile phone with the same cable. My experience with USB charging cables is that some chables are designed only for charging (only the pins for electrical power supply are conneced) and not for data connection.

Do you connect your mobile phone only for charging or for synchronising with a personal information manager (e.g. Outlook) as well?

Cheers
Michi
Grüsse/Cheers Michi

OSTC 2C #7452
OSTCplus #17296
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi Gilles,

We supplied a standard micro USB cable from Samsung with all our Micro-USB OSTC (Samsung APCBU10BBE).

We have a few dozens of these still here on stock. Contact us if you need a replacement cable and can't find it locally.

regards,
Matthias
gilles

Post by gilles »

thanks for all four your quick answers

mishi: yes, my cable is able to connect my phone and transfer data from it to the PC, but not with my 2C...that's why I didn't understand...

Matthias: a friend whos had recently change his 2C by a 4 doesnt need his cable no more, so I wait for it. If there is a pb, I keep your proposition in mind

thanks again!
mobu

Post by mobu »

Hi Gilles,

I had the same problem as you. In my case it was what Michi said.

I changed USB cable and could connect OSTC to W7.

Regards
mobu

OSTC plus #16088
glance

Post by glance »

I use whatever random micro-usb cable that comes up on top in the cable drawer and I've only had problems once. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out that the cable was a "power-only" cable, which didn't even have the leads for the D- and D+. I immediately threw that cable away.
gilles

Post by gilles »

I've finally found a good one... there are some for charging and some for data transfer...

all is right now !
thanks