New iOS app for OSTC

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
diverku

New iOS app for OSTC

Post by diverku »

Hi,
I'm working on an iOS app for the OSTC similar to HWOSConfig for Android. Currently, it allows to get/set parameters via Bluetooth like
* date/time & custom text, language, color scheme,
* deco parameters
* gas mixes.
Firmware updates are not supported yet, but this feature is in progress.

The app will be available for free in Apple's AppStore as soon as it is finished. However, if somebody is interested in helping as a beta tester before the release, just let me know. You need an iOS device with TestFlight and of course a bluetooth-capable OSTC.

Kai
Han

Re: New iOS app for OSTC

Post by Han »

Cool! I was waiting for an app for iOS.
I would like to help you test your app and have an iPhone and an iPad.
I work in IT and have experience testing software.
I have a HW Sport.

Han
algo

Post by algo »

Cool!

I am ready to help!

Best regards, Alex
diverku

Post by diverku »

Great! So, if you want to try the app, please send me your AppleID by email (does this forum support private messages?). Then I can invite you. You have to install TestFlight from the AppStore before.
Firmware updates are working now, so can try this as well. Note, that I don't support all configuration parameters of the OSTC yet, particularly all CC related stuff is currently ignored because I don't use it. However, this might change in the future.
I'm interested in general feedback, bug reports, feature requests ...

Kai
Han

Post by Han »

I want to help, but the forum doesn't support pm's.
I'm not stating my mail address in the forum.

Maybe Matthias is willing to help out.
We could send a mail to info@heinrichsweikamp.com asking Matthias to send our mail addresses to each other?

Han
diverku

Post by diverku »

You can send your email address to ostctool@gmail.com. I'll use it only to send out the TestFlight invitation.

Kai
Kehrmaschine

Post by Kehrmaschine »

Hi Diverku,

If you are still searching for beta tester, I would do it as well. Have iOS, TestFlight installed and an OSTC + Tech
diverku

Post by diverku »

Just send me your email address - see my previous post for the address.
diverku

Post by diverku »

Hi,
thanks to all who want to try the beta version of the iOS app. If you still want to join then send me your email address for inviting you via TestFlight.
I'm particularly interested in:
* general feedback/comments,
* bug reports which I can fix before the App Store release,
* feature requests, e.g. I'm thinking about a backup/restore mode for all OSTC settings.
You can send me your feedback via email or just post it in this thread in english or german.

Some comments:
* There is a "demo mode" which can be enabled in the Settings tab of iOS. It gives you a simulated device and allows to play with the app. The main purpose is to allow Apple to test the app. Please switch it off for using a real device - otherwise you will not be able to connect.
* For firmware updates you need a Internet connection.
* The app is available in english and german. If somebody needs a further language and is willing to help the translation - welcome!

Usage:
1. Switch on Bluetooth on your OSTC.
2. Start the app and press "Scan".
3. After a few seconds you should see your device listed below the Scan button.
4. Press "Connect". After a successful connection the button switches to "Disconnect".
5. Now you can select the connected device to go to the other tabs.
Sometimes the OSTC doesn't send all the necessary information, in this case the device is listed but Connect doesn't work. In this case, simply press "Scan" again. If this still doesn't work try to close the app and restart the process.

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Kai
algo

Post by algo »

Hi Kai,

OSTC2 with hwOS Tech 2.97 SP1.

iPhone 6, 64 Gb, iOS 11.4

After Scan your app founds my OSTC. I can connect (button changes to "Trennen"). If i press on the name of my OSTC, the OSTC changes to "Servicemodus aktiv" and than the app crashes.

I send you the crash report by email...

Alex
Han

Post by Han »

Hi Kai,

I sent you an email but didn’t get a response yet.

Han
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

It's now available in the Apple App Store: "OSTCtool for iOS".

[img]http://forum.heinrichsweikamp.com/file. ... tctool.JPG[/img]

More details here: https://ostctool.github.io/

Thanks a lot to Kai who has done this without any financial support from our side and made the App completely free of charge!

Matthias
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi there,

I don't want to be fussy,
but couldn't you have come up with your own application name?

Regards
Rob
Home: http://www.angermayr.eu
email: ostctools@angermayr.eu
Home of OSTC Tools: http://ostctools.angermayr.eu
HWOSConfig for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.angermayr.hwosconfig
diverku

Post by diverku »

Sorry, Rob. When I started the app I was not really aware of OSTC Tools - I have used only "OSTC Companion" and have seen "HWOS Config". If this is problem I can change the name in the next release ...

Kai
D_Kl

Post by D_Kl »

Hallo Kai,

vielen Dank für Deine Arbeit. Verbindung zwischen Iphone und OSTC hat auf Anhieb funktioniert.

Änderung der Einstellungen geht ebenfalls sehr zügig und ohne Probleme bei der Übertragung auf den TC.
Viele Grüße
Detlef
OSTC2 #11452
Rob

Post by Rob »

diverku Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>... I can change the name in the next release ...

Thank you!

Regards
Rob
Home: http://www.angermayr.eu
email: ostctools@angermayr.eu
Home of OSTC Tools: http://ostctools.angermayr.eu
HWOSConfig for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.angermayr.hwosconfig
pb1969

Post by pb1969 »

Funktioniert die App auch für den OSTC Sport. Aus der App-Bescheibung geht es leider nicht hervor. Kann es leider derzeit nicht einfach selbst ausprobieren, da ich in Urlaub (ohne tauchen) bin.
Liebe Grüße
Patrick
heinrichsweikamp

Ja, alle OSTC mit Bluetooth 4.0 - also auch alle OSTC Sport mit den Schwarzen Tastern - gehen.

Gruß,
Matthias
diverku

Post by diverku »

Die nächste Version ist übrigens in Arbeit: die App heißt jetzt OSTConf, kann weitere Parameter auslesen/ändern und erlaubt Backup und Restore von allen Parametern mit einem Klick auf das iCloud Drive. Außerdem sollte jetzt die initiale Verbindung zum OSTC stabiler sein.

--

The next version is in preparation: the app has a new name OSTConf, supports more parameters, and allows to backup/restore to/from iCloud drive with a single click. In addition, the initial connect to the OSTC device should better work now.

Kai
diverku

Post by diverku »

So, Version 1.1 ist im AppStore - wie angekündigt mit mehr OSTC-Parametern, Backup/Restore über iCloud Drive und Bugfixes. Achtung: die App heißt jetzt OSTConf, die Webseite ist demzufolge über https://ostconf.github.io erreichbar.

Viel Spass damit ...

--
Version 1.1 is available in the AppStore. As already announced with support for more OSTC settings, backup/restore to/from iCloud Drive, and bugfixes. Please note, that the name of the App was changed to OSTConf and the website is now at https://ostconf.github.io.

Enjoy ...

Kai
diverku

Post by diverku »

Version 1.1.1 ist zum Download verfügbar: Fehlerkorrektur für Absturz bei der Sport-Version + einige kleinere Korrekturen bei Beschriftungen.

--

Version 1.1.1 is available for downloading: fixes a bug which causes a crash with the Sport version and some minor label fixes.
MyOSTC-Sport

Post by MyOSTC-Sport »

Hallo Zusammen,

zunächst bin ich mal sehr begeistert das es die neue IOS App gibt. Simple und einfach.

Leider gibts ein Problem mit meinem Computer. Ich haben einen OSTC Sport mit der Firmware: 10.26

Alle Versuche ein Update zu machen mit dem Planner oder Companion waren nicht erfolgreich daher hab ich es nun mit der IOS App versucht.

Wenn ich mit der IOS-App ein Firmwareupdate durchführen möchte wird die 10.26 erkannt und auch die aktuellere Version 10.45 angezeigt.

Beim klick auf "Herunterladen & Installieren" wird die neue Firmware übertragen das funktioniert. Nur danach kommt eine Überprüfung und hier dauert dem Computer irgendwas zu lange, nach einiger Zeit schreibt der Computer "Exited" auf das Display, verlässt den Modus und trennt die Verbindung.

Ein Firmwareupdate ist damit leider nicht möglich. Ich habs mehrere male versucht aber leider immer das selbe Ergebnis erhalten.

Bitte um Hilfe was ich noch machen kann, mir gehen die Ideen aus.

Besten Dank.
Markus
diverku

Post by diverku »

Hallo Markus,
das Problem ist bekannt - tritt leider bei einigen Geräten auf. In der kommenden Version 1.2 ist das aber gelöst. Ein paar Tage Geduld noch ...
Kai
heinrichsweikamp

Hallo,

Wir haben die Version hier an sicher 15 OSTC 2 (Sport) und OSTC Plus getestet und konnten den berichteten Fehler nicht reproduzieren. Kai hat es aber scheinbar bei sich lösen können.

Die nächste Version hat dann auch erste Funktionen für den OSTC4.

Gruß,
Matthias
diverku

Post by diverku »

Version 1.2 ist nun im AppStore verfügbar. Neben weiteren Parametern (Gasverbrauch, Tanks bei der Tech-Version) sollte jetzt auch das Firmware-Update-Problem gelöst sein. Dazu ist der - nicht unbedingt notwendige - Verify-Schritt nun optional und kann in den Einstellungen aktiviert/deaktiviert werden. Dort wo also das Firmware-Update nicht durchläuft, bitte mal in den Einstellungen schauen. Schließlich gibt es jetzt auch einen Light-Mode für Nutzer, die den schwarzen Hintergrund nicht mögen.

---

Version 1.2 is available now in the AppStore. In addition to further settings (gas consumption, tank sizes in the Tech version), this version should fix now the firmware update problem on some devices. It is fixed by skipping the verify step (which is not really necessary) but which can be enabled in the settings. If the firmware update doesn't work for you, please check the settings. Finally, there is now also a light mode for users who do not like the black background.