Ostc 3+ pSCR mode

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
petkozaric

Ostc 3+ pSCR mode

Post by petkozaric »

Hello,

I need a little help with OSTC 3 on pSCR mode. I used ostc about 2years and it worked perfectly until last firmware update 2.91 sp1.

My last dive was at 72m, avarage depth around 50m before deco. During BT my ndl was 240’ and it looks like it froze. It didn’t give me any decompression stops.

The dive before it (62m, GF 30/75, it gave the decompression and on last deco switch to O2 from 6m, it went to apnea mode).

It didn’t behave like this before until the last firmware update!

What’s wrong?

Thanks
Petko
heinrichsweikamp

Re: Ostc 3+ pSCR mode

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi Petko,

Can you download this dive with the "OSTC Tools" and post the .dive file here, please?

regards,
Matthias
petkozaric

Post by petkozaric »

there are the graphs from OSTC logbook, tonight I will try to download the dives via Bluetooth on OSTC Tool, but also I have trouble to download to Surface until last update.

Third picture OSTC Simulator is from computer simulator, same happened in the water during the dive.

Also I noticed, on the logbook graphs, it never shows a color of the trimix part (yellow gas) it puts white air. I never used air on pSCR.

thx
Petko
petkozaric

Post by petkozaric »

Hi Matthias,

I am really need a help with this problem.

After that event I am not able to download dives via Bluetooth with Surface Software(Mac or Windows), othewise I am not familiar with ostc tools (OSTC Profile, OSTC Confing), I try to make bluetooth com port but unsucsesfull.

I try to change from OC to PSCR and I put simulation via Simulator Calculator on device on every profile I get No deco.

I also try to back on latest firmware but same problem is active.

Picture of simulator calculator are in attacment.

thx
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi Petko,

if the OSTC changed it's operating mode during the dive, i.e. from pSCR to Apnea, this is something really strange that "normaly" can not happen. Maybe the firmware has become corrupted, i would even not exclude the possibility of a faulty menory cell in either program or data memory. Anyhow, can you post the procedure that triggers the fault, so all your Settings and the profile?

BR
Ralph
petkozaric

Post by petkozaric »

Hi Ralph,

Something is definitely wrong with electronic on computer, Bluetooth doesn't work and many other functions. Such as decompression , PSCR is active via dive but not calculating decompression, this is also case for OC mode.

Logbook graphic is totally wrong in therm of gas switches. WHen we dive PSCR, we start dive with N50, than we have a first gas switch on 21m on Trimix 21/35, on decompression we switch gasses on 22m on N50 and on 6m O2. For sure I could tell you that I didn't make a mistake to switches on computer wrong gasses.

Look the graph on attachment.

No, OSTC not changing the modes during dive I can see that mode during dive is PSCR, NDL of 240' not changing at all. After on logbook look like apnea. I will send on next reply picture of settings.

Is it possible to send computer to factory for repair?

Best regards
Petko
petkozaric

Post by petkozaric »

other settings
petkozaric

Post by petkozaric »

and more
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi Petko,

that pSCR dives show up in the logbook as Apnoe is a programming bug that has recently been discovered. There's also a bug in the premix inert gas correction which produces too short NDL times. And well, bluetooth has it's hangs sometimes, in many cases unplugging and re-connecting the bluetooth-USB-dongle helps. In general, the smartphone apps that became available recently work more stable than Windows and its Drivers. For the knows bugs, fixes are in the pipeline.
Anyhow, if you like to have your OSTC hardware checked, contact heinrichsweikamp by direct email.

BR
Ralph
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

The described issues do not look like a hardware issue to me but if we should check something: info@heinrichsweikamp.com

In the OSTC3, 1,5V Batteries sometimes do not provide enough power for the bluetooth. Use a 3,6V or a quality brand 1,5V lithium battery in the OSTC3. Deleting the Bluetooth device and re-pairing it fixed almost every issue with Bluetooth and Windows here.

regards,
Matthias
petkozaric

Post by petkozaric »

There is one strange behavior.

I also tried to downgrade the firmware on 2.16 or similar, after downgrade the problem still occur.