hwOS 3.00: no battery percentage in logbook on device

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
jlm

hwOS 3.00: no battery percentage in logbook on device

Post by jlm »

Just noticed that since hwOS 3.00, the battery percentage data is not printed on the info page (subpage 1 of the dive details) in the logbook on the device. It is correctly interfaced externally to Subsurface, so it seems a display only issue.

--jan
heinrichsweikamp

Re: hwOS 3.00: no battery percentage in logbook on device

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi Jan,

Older firmwares like the 1.80 did not store the battery % in the logbook. Then, even with the 3.00, this value is not shown. You can see them in Subsurface? That's strange. I just checked this here on several units: All show the battery % value in the logbook just fine... So I doubt that there is a bug in the OSTC here.

regards,
Matthias
jlm

Post by jlm »

Hi Matthias,

see both attaches pictures (of my beaten up OSTC3 :-) ). One with firmware 2.99 and one with 3.00. The 2.99 shows the percentage in the logbook, and the 3.00 does not. Notice that it was the first dive with 3.00 but it would surprise me very much is that makes any difference.

And, yes, the 3.00 version does export correctly to Subsurface (as does the 2.99 one)

And yes, I know that the percentage was introduced a long time ago (as I implemented it myself in Subsurface or libdivecomputer).

--jan
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi all,

at a first glance into the logbook code, it seems the code isn't aware that a version 3.0 is something later than a 2.14 as it only looks at the minor number and then skips the output of the percentage. Will be easy to fix...
Thanks for having an eye on these details!

BR
Ralph