Inclinometer possible?

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Arno

Inclinometer possible?

Post by Arno »

I just read an article from another dive computer brand that has built an inclinometer into it's last firmware version.

This would be a very welcome addition to the OSTC Plus too especially when diving in caves. Hopefully this is also something that is possible for HWOS.
jlm

Re: Inclinometer possible?

Post by jlm »

Hmm, I dive a lot in caves, and not only for fun, but also for exploration, and up to now, I never missed an inclinometer on a dive computer. For surveying purposes, a proper depth gauge and any distance measurement tool between between survey stations will do. And for a post-siphon survey of a dry part, simply bring the tool that is made for that (see Beat Heeb's Disto X).

So, could you elaborate for what purpose you would like use an inclinometer (underwater) in a cave? I'm just curious :-)
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

On request of a special person i recently did a hack into the code to provide for a resettable min/max depth display, also for surveying purpose. Still, the distance measurement has to be done by good old reel then.

Where would you place the OSTC onto to get an incliometer measurement? Most caves don't have a flat constant-slope bottom...
Arno

Post by Arno »

It's more of a nice to have feature than a need to have or cannot without. But having seen this come to the Divesoft firmware recently I thought that should it be relatively simple to implement it would be a nice addition.