OSTC 2 Right Piezo Button Phantom Presses

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
DrFosterGloucester

OSTC 2 Right Piezo Button Phantom Presses

Post by DrFosterGloucester »

Hi I have an OSTC 2 and the right hand side piezo button has broken...

The unit thinks that I am continually pressing the right hand button rapidly as such it is impossible to use the device and access any menus. It also won't turn off. In just flicks though all the homepage screens rapidly. Nothing will stop it. Sometimes it might stop for a minute or two but then it goes again.

I assume this is a terminal hardware issue, but if anyone else has experienced it and knows a fix I would love to hear.

I have tried washing it in fresh water a lot (as I always do) but this has not changed anything.

Thanks

Edit: Just to add the unit is in version 3.01 and setting the button to 80% also makes no difference
DrFosterGloucester

Re: OSTC 2 Right Piezo Button Phantom Presses

Post by DrFosterGloucester »

Last night OSTC has developed a new problem. It was sat on my desk and has decided that I’ve gone for a dive to 89.3m for just coming up to 1000 minutes now. Can’t get it out of this mode (it’s not a simulation) so just waiting for the battery to run out. Temperature is showing as -99 degrees C.
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC 2 Right Piezo Button Phantom Presses

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

Both issues most likely have the same cause (a leak at the pressure sensor). Please get in contact with us directly: info@heinrichsweikamp.com for the repair.

regards,
Matthias