hwOS Tech: 3.04 beta 3 released

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Ralph

Re: hwOS Tech: 3.04 beta 3 released

Post by Ralph »

Hi,

in V3.04 there is a new option named "Extended Stop" which is on by default. It changes the placement of the stops. To compare both versions, this option needs to be turned off. To make me able to reproduce your data, can you please give me your gas settings and as much of the deco settings as possible?

Thanks,
Ralph
Deep_Yo

Post by Deep_Yo »

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your message.

Extended stop was disable. In fact, at the first simulation, it was on and vsible on the "OC" line. It didn't change the DTR but added a stop at 10m to switch gas and removed one min at 9m.

In both case, the gaz was exactly the same: air + NX80. I know, air is bad at 60m but I don't want to debate around that here ;) Deco setting is ZHL16+GF at 80/80. I browsed the menu and didn't find other difference (other than extended stop).

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Yoann
Clownfish

Post by Clownfish »

Used new beta today, noticed that when using the alternate display, the NDL does not show anything. Otherwise all worked okay (only 27 metre dive).
Michael
Sydney
Australia
OSTC 2 11528
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Clownfish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Used new beta today, noticed that when using the
> alternate display, the NDL does not show anything.
> Otherwise all worked okay (only 27 metre dive).

Fixed already for the stable release.

regards,
Matthias
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi Yoann,

could confirm your results. Indeed, the V3.04 results are much better and also in line with what Multideco calculates. The ascent calculation has been massively improved between the two versions and now matches much better what the OSTC will calculate in a real dive.

BR
Ralph
Deep_Yo

Post by Deep_Yo »

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your answer.

I also performed the planned dive on last saturday (v3.01). The calculated deco was the following one (same gas) :
15m : 1min
12m : 4 min
9m : 5 min
6m : 5 min
3m : 11min

The ascent rate was around 10m/min. As you can see, it was very close to the simulated one and quite different than the v3.04. I stayed longer @3m due to difference between the computer of my buddy (other brand).

[img]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2019/08 ... 545293.png[/img]

I will try the v3.04 in real dive this weekend.

Regards,
Yoann
ClaudeDive

Post by ClaudeDive »

Hi Matthias & Ralph,

About the new option "Extended stop" it would be interesting, when the answer is "No" in the setting menu,

To be able to set this option to "yes" during the dive in the case of an abnormal activity during this dive which would be judged not compatible according to the diver with a normal decompression (Work at the bottom, Abnormal effort, displacement against a strong current , intense cold, ...)

This possibility would contribute to improving the safety of the diver with a decompression that he deems more compatible with his activity during a dive.

Kind Regards,
Cheers ;)
ClaudeDive ><)))))°> OSTC3 #2430 <°(((((><
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hello Claude,

"Extended Stop" has fundamental influence on the ascent calculation algorithm and will not be changeable during the dive. Anyhow, it is also not required to explicitly toggle this option during a dive: if it is set to 'no', just switch your gas earlier as if it were set to 'yes', and the deco calculation will adapt immediatly.

BR
Ralph
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi Yoann,

i digged a bit deeper into your case and found out the following:

The stop at 18 meters only needs to last for a very few seconds. So during a real dive, you will see it clearing almost immediatly after arrival because in real (as well as simulated) dive mode all supersaturations are re-calculated every 2 seconds.

Opposite to that, the deco calculator works with 1 minute intervals. So when it detects a stop obligation at 18 meters, it holds there for one minute. This then has a cascading effect on the following stops, as the tissues that will become the leading ones later on are still on-gassing at 18 meters.

Th length of the last stop is influenced by the surface pressure. When i re-run the calculation yesterday evening after a weather and hence air pressure change, i got different results. So while in desktop deco software one has to manually enter the diving altitude, the OSTC senses surface pressure all the time and puts it into the calculation by itself. Thus you'll get slightly different results day by day.

All in all, figuring in the above effects, the 3.01 and the 3.04 deliver results that are in the same corridor and also in line with e.g. Multideco, given that the OSTC deco calculator has minute-resolution only. If you have Multideco at hand, play with the minimum stop length setting and watch the impact it has on the resulting deco schedule!

best regards,
Ralph
Deep_Yo

Post by Deep_Yo »

Hi Ralph,

That's sounds perfect. Thanks for your work.
I don't have Multideco but I think it could be a good thing to have it.

Regards,
Yoann
Tingsten

Post by Tingsten »

Hello All,

Did few dives (CCR connected with PPO2 monitor) with 3.04B1 and had 1 strange dive with the computer.
Two initial "change on the curve" corresponds to:
->1 force the computer to use cell instead of cst ppO2
->2 change diluant from 19/19 to AIR (gf were 50/80)

TTS indicated by computer was okish but stop depth was making no sense...
Used indication coming from another computer and went up (setup with fix ppo2).

Not sure what could create this?!

If you need anything else just ask.
Thx you.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hello Tingsten,

indeed, the plot looks unusual. Anyhow, i can't really figure out what sequence of events triggered the fluctuations in the red curve. Was there a switching from GF to aGF? Can you provide more Details? What exactly is shown by the red and the brown lines / areas? Any info will help.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

One user reported a freeze in the surface menu (For the latest beta) at some point and we were able to reproduce the error now. As soon as I'm 100% sure the error is fixed, we'll publish the new stable.

Regards,
Matthias
algo

Post by algo »

> One user reported a freeze in the surface menu
> (For the latest beta) at some point and we were
> able to reproduce the error now. As soon as I'm
> 100% sure the error is fixed, we'll publish the
> new stable.

Until the final version: if this happens, how to unfreeze the OSTC?

BR,
Alex
Duglum

Post by Duglum »

Might not be very helpful, but i can report that the 3.04b3 worked flawlessly on a few dives a few days ago.

Only Transmitter reception seemed to be even worse than before...
OSTC Sport #12483
OSTC 2 TR #17196