Two big problems. Firmware issue?

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
DrFosterGloucester

Two big problems. Firmware issue?

Post by DrFosterGloucester »

Hi, OSTC 2 on 3.11.

Two new problems. Used for diving two weekends in a row, no issues.

Today, new issues:

1) OSTC would not turn on from deep sleep. Tried shaking, rotating for a long time. Nothing. Placed on charger and after about 5 minutes it booted.

Seemed fine, except time was 0500. Local time (correct at last use) was 1300. Strange but no big issue. I will reset via Bluetooth app. Battery level was about the same as when I put it away.

2) Connect to Bluetooth app. Update time as I have done many times. No issues. Disconnect from Bluetooth. Issues. OSTC displays:

Starting...done.
Service Mode enabled
Exited

And it now has been stuck on this screen for the past 20 minutes. I am assuming when it has run out of battery in probably a week I can recharge it and get back into the menus. None of the buttons respond. App can still detect it via Bluetooth, but cannot connect.

Is this a firmware issue? Or is my OSTC dead again?
DrFosterGloucester

Re: Two big problems. Firmware issue?

UPDATE (2 hours later): I just got a bit annoyed with it. Tried taking it on and off the charger again. Tried pushing both the buttons a lot including holding down both.

Shock, after a fair bit of button mashing it finally exited Bluetooth mode and went back to the main menu.

On the bright side, at least the time is now correct.

Question remains though, my OSTC or firmware issue? Seems to be functioning fine now back at the main menu.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

Can you post the hardware information from the "Information" Menu, please?

regards,
Matthias
DrFosterGloucester

Hi Matthias,

Sure. At the moment I have a third update. It is frozen on the home screen and not responding. Time has stopped counting too. If / when it responds again I will post.
DrFosterGloucester

Sorry for all the posts but the more updates the more it helps?

Apparently it is not frozen but is running super slow.

The time is progressing roughly 1 min every 4 hours. Too slow to respond to any input though.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

This looks more like a hardware issue to me, like not working oscillator. I think we should have a look at this unit at our place. Can you contact me for details: mh@heinrichsweikamp.com, please?

regards,
Matthias
DrFosterGloucester

Hi Matthias,

No worries I will email asap. Confusing however as it is today once again ok. Clock is running fine now.

It was on when I went to bed last night (stuck on home screen). Was off when I woke up. I powered it up and reset time again via app, now I have come back from work and all is functioning well. Has kept time all day to the minute.

Hardware info now I can get to it is:

Hardware: 93CB-3E06
Sensor: 09BB-6980
Offset: 0 hPa

Only strange behaviour now is the backlight goes from minimum to maximum every few seconds........