Gas List PSCR

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Marv

Gas List PSCR

Post by Marv »

Hello,

I would like to use my OSTC in PSCR mode. But unfortunately I am not completely satisfied with the possibility of gas selection/changes.

In the loop I can only use the diluent gases, in the bailout only the OC gases.

Unlike a CCR, however, I use different feed gases in the rebreather during the dive. These gases are also my bailout.

Now I would have to adjust both gas lists for each dive.

Also, the diluent gases can not be used as decompression gases, so it is not clear to me how the decompression or TTS calculation would work.

Would it be possible to use the OC gas list for both the loop and the bailout in this mode? This would simplify the selection and the deco calculation would be clearer.

Best regards,

Marv
Ralph

Re: Gas List PSCR

Post by Ralph »

Hello Marv,

unfortunately it is not possible to merge the OC (bailout) and loop gases into one "common pool" - that would require tremendous changes to the software. But there is at least a small "helper function" to ease the gas setup: in the Setup Tank menu, there is an option "Copy Dil.-> OC". After setting up a loop gas, this menue item triggers a complete copy of the dil settings (mix, change depth, tank settings) to the respective OC / bailout gas. I added this feature for my CCR diving, where my offboard dil tanks double as bailout tanks.

BR
Ralph
Marv

Post by Marv »

Thank you Ralph,

this already helps alot.

I guess, every Gas that is selected as working gas in Diluent mode, will be included into the decompression calculation?
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Correct, including the 'first' gas.