Surface pressure compensation

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Berthold

Surface pressure compensation

Post by Berthold »

I got a new OSTC+ with FW 10.75. My surface pressure reading is consistently about 33hPa too high (i.e. 1069 instead of the correct 1036hPa). I tried to adjust via compensation values through OSTConfig but whenever I enter negative values, the compensation value in the Information page shows -99hPa, and the actual indicated pressure value remains unchanged.

Is there any solution to this, and does the incorrect surface pressure reading have any implication on the accuracy of the model?

I know this topic has been raised by a different user before but seems not to have been answered.

Thanks for addressing this issue!
gr3yw0lf

Re: Surface pressure compensation

Post by gr3yw0lf »

hm...
have you tried to set the offset on your desktop pc via subsurface?
life is better in fins

OSTC Plus #18168
Berthold

Post by Berthold »

Hi gr3yw0lf, Subsurface doesn't work for me as it doesn't connect to the OSTC. I'm using a MacBook, and I guess the software is not up to date on this system. Do you know of any other way to access the config?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Berthold

Post by Berthold »

I'd like to get back to this topic. My OSTC+ pressure sensor still shows 30hPa too much (1053 instead of 1023). When traveling recently the sensor showed a similar discrepancy to the downside after flying. I cannot imagine this to be within the tolerances, or is it?
gr3yw0lf

Post by gr3yw0lf »

life is better in fins

OSTC Plus #18168
MatiasJoel

Post by MatiasJoel »

Hey there! Sorry to hear about the pressure reading issue with your OSTC+ firmware 10.75. It's crucial for accurate data. The negative compensation value might be causing a glitch. We recommend reaching out to customer support for a more detailed solution. As for the accuracy, Workers compensation lawyeran incorrect surface pressure reading can affect your dive profile. It's always best to ensure accurate data for safety.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

The OSTC+ will use the surface pressure reading for the 0m reference. So, some hPa more or less will NOT affect your depth reading and this is not critical. A defective pressure sensor will show (intentionally) 9999hPa on the surface.

regards,
Matthias