Safety stop on OSTC 2 firmware 10.75

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
jensen.flemming

Safety stop on OSTC 2 firmware 10.75

Post by jensen.flemming »

Hi forum.

Do heinrichs weikamp had any plan to make it possible in the setup for the safety stop, that it could be possible to have some kind of window where the timer runs when the user stay on the safety stop.
Many of my buddy's use other computers than me, and when we are reaching the safety stop at 5 to 4,5 meter the timer runs very fine, but when I go under 5 meter (5,1to 5,5) it stops counting. My buddy's timer don't stops and I alway have to be very careful not to come under the 5 meter.
In my opinion it will be very nice if it will be possible to have a window so the timer start at 4,5 or 5 meter and still can count at 5,5 meter .... hope you understand my question.

Best regards Flemming
Ralph

Re: Safety stop on OSTC 2 firmware 10.75

Post by Ralph »

Hello Flemming,

in the OSTC implementation, there are 4 parameters involved:

- opt_safety_stop_length, default 3 mins, can be 60 ... 240 seconds,
- opt_safety_stop_start, default 5 meters, can be 2 m ... 6 m - this is the depth at which the safety stop counting begins / pauses,
- opt_safety_stop_end, default 3 meters, can be 2 m ... 4 m, this is the depth at which the safety stop counting will be terminated,
- opt_safety_stop_reset, default 10 meters, can be 8 m ... 15 m, this is the depth at which a paused counting will reset to a new counting.

It's true these parameters can not be altered via the build-in menu, but it can be done with external software that provides OSTC options editing.See other posts on this.

BR
Ralph
jb2cool

Post by jb2cool »

As Ralph says, this can be adjusted. I have my safety stop set so I can go down to 6m and maybe up to 3m
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

It was posted before, but the safety stop in hwOS (the firmware for all "small" OSTC) works as follows:
- The dive must have been deeper than 10m and lasted longer than 1min.
- When surfacing, there must be no deco commitment at 10m depth
- A countdown of 3min is then displayed (to the second) in yellow between 5.09 and 2.99m
- Descent below 5.1m pauses the safety stop, descent below 10m resets the counter to 3min
- Ascending above 2.98m deletes the safety stop.
During a deco dive, no additional safety stop is displayed after finishing the deco stop.

Regards,
Matthias