Big bug!

Legacy OSTC's
Maurice

Big bug!

Post by Maurice »

Hi,

I've been diving with the OSTC several times since last week. Firmware installed was 1.11.
No problem until today.

Today I installed firmware 1.14, and after installing, when I enter the menu, the computer gets out of the menu by itself, and even goes into Dive mode!
Also, at the place where the mix digit is supposed to appear, I get letters, constantly changing!

I tried to go back to firmware 1.11, even 1.08, the problem remains.

This seems to be a serious hardware problem.

Maybe a leak?

Today after a dive, I noticed there was a little bit of water behind the seal, at connector level...
Seal problem maybe?

Thanks for your help,

Maurice
heinrichsweikamp

Re: Big bug!

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello Maurice,

The letters you are seeing is the debug mode (New in 1.14): http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/ostc/pm ... urfacemode (at the bottom of the page).

I recommend that you reset the customs functions, gases, decostatus, -mode and some other settings using the RESET ALL function in the Menu. Also make sure that "Debug" is OFF in setup mode.

Do you mean some water was behind the red main O-Ring or in the connector bulkhead?

regards,
Matthias
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Hi

Today i made a dive with stops (10minutes)
There was no problems
little later i go see in de logbook and see a dive more 150m!!! 74hours desaturation
Can you help me for this
Version 1.14
Regards
Maurice
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello Maurice,

Which PC software do you use? Maybe you send us your Logbook-File so we can have a look to see what's about this extra dive.

Regards,
Matthias