import/clear memory?

Legacy OSTC's
kurt.sys

import/clear memory?

Post by kurt.sys »

Hi all,
When I check my logbook in the ostc, I see the five dives done so far: 2 tests performed by HeinrichsWeikamp, 1 simulated dive with jdivelog and 2 'real' dives. However, when I import the dives on my computer (in jdivelog), only the first two dives are recognized. Apparently, there is somewhere a small error in the storage of the dives (which prevents jdivelog to import them or even to recognize them). So, I would like to clear the memory of the dive computer and run a few tests again with simulated and real dives. How can I clear the memory (logbook) of the ostc?
Thanks a lot,
Kurt Sys
kurt.sys

Re: import/clear memory?

Post by kurt.sys »

Hey all,
well, just in case it is important to someone: I was working with v1.08 (since I was diving with the computer). There was no way of clearing the memory, at least to my knowledge :), so I upgraded to v1.14. I started deleting the simulated dives, since I thought there might have been an error there. Didn't help. So I deleted one real dive. No positive result. Deleted one test dive from HeinrichsWeikamp. No positive result. Deleted both remaining dives and simulated a new one (with jdivelog), and it works. Still don't know what was wrong, but I had to delete all the dives before I was able to read the (new) dive(s) from the computer (with jdivelog).
Kurt
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello Kurt,

The problem could be related to the fact that the test dives were in the old dive format and the delete routine may be buggy with the old format. There is also an option in the code to delete the entire memory but we this disabled at the moment. The delete routine also needs some speedup...

Regards,
Matthias
kurt.sys

Post by kurt.sys »

Hey Matthias,
Well, it seems that indeed, the old format of the test dives was the problem. I can read the new (simulated) dives without any problem, using firmware v1.14 or v1.08. Doesn't matter, it works now, I'm happy :p.
Logbook in general - not only the delete option - is rather slow to my opinion, but I don't care to much about that.
Thx, greetz,
Kurt