Logbook software for MK2

Legacy OSTC's
gorcio

Logbook software for MK2

Post by gorcio »

Hi,

is there anything else available apart from JDivelog and Divinglog 5.x ? I am asking as JDivelog does not really fits me (also from aesthetic point of view), while Divinglog does not support using multiple gases in dive profiles.

If You have any software than can display nicely profile, with information about gas switches ... please let me know int this topic
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
Regthing

Re: Logbook software for MK2

Post by Regthing »

+1
Scott
Longli

Post by Longli »

Gute Frage! Wäre auch interessiert.
OSTC MK2 407
Solodiver

Post by Solodiver »

jdivelog.org is the one you are looking for...
~~~
MK2 1076

my wish list: http://heinrichsweikamp.net/forum/read.php?2,4649
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

sorry, by JDive I meant JDivelog ...
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
Regthing

Post by Regthing »

I couldn't get jDivelog to see my OSTC. Gave up and used DivingLog but it lacks the functionality Gorcio mentioned
Scott
divinglog

Post by divinglog »

Hi everyone

I'm aware that the missing multiple gas support in Diving Log is a big issue for OSTC and DR5 owners and I'm very sorry that it takes such a long time to add support for it! I know I promised it for a long time, but sometimes in software development it doesn't always go as planned, and setting priorities which features to add first is a difficult task, because you can't make everyone happy at the same time.

I'm now following a different approach and will release a beta version beside the current version of Diving Log. This version will have the extended logbook format to support gas switches, but could cause problems when syncing with the iPhone app, because this one has to be updated, too. But as long as you do not use the iPhone sync, you should be fine.

Sorry again and thank you for your patience!

Sven
Diving Log 6.0 - https://www.divinglog.de/
Alex

Post by Alex »

Awesome thanks Sven, any ideas on an eta?
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

I have been asking for ETA for Divinglog for quite a while :-). Still haven't lost my hope completely
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
divinglog

Post by divinglog »

I hope that I can release a first beta in February. Here is an early screenshot of the tank management.
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Nice screenshot, but I was after software, that would read gas switch from dive log. Tank management is not that important to me. No offense please, just my 3 cents.
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
divinglog

Post by divinglog »

Yes, it will import of course the gas switches, but they have to be stored somewhere in the database. So you need first the tank and gas management before I can import gases from the dive computer. And Diving Log supports also other dive computers, so I must implement that feature so it will work for all users, also for those without automatic importing of gas switches.
divinglog

Post by divinglog »

Here is another screenshot of the gas switch display in the profile view.
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Now, that looks good. Looking forward for beta and upgrade.
I suppose existing dives won't have the gas switch information, will they ?
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
danou

Post by danou »

Hi everybody,

I read that some of you are interested in software for logbooks, I don't know if what I am working on can be helpful, so I'll explain what I am doing.

I am currently working on (free) software for Linux to display and print the logs with LaTeX. I have written two Perl scripts, one to make a standard UDCF file from a .jdl file produced by JDiveLog, and another one to create a LaTeX file from this UDCF file; the LaTeX file is then edited (adding buddies, comments, ...) and compiled with pdfLateX (a special LaTeX class is provided).

I intend to port it to Mac and Windows, it should not be difficult but I'll need help from Mac and Windows users for this... Currently, it works for OC dives, appended is an example of PDF file produced (with comments in French, sorry). Data can be displayed in French, English and German.

Of course it should also work for CCR dives, but I do need examples of dive-logs in CCR mode, to do so... In another post I asked for examples in CC mode but up to now I received nothing :( So if some of you could provide me with some examples, I would be very grateful.

Best wishes,
--
Daniel, daniel.flipo@free.fr
divinglog

Post by divinglog »

@gorcio: Unfortunately, existing dives won't have gas switch information. However dives, which still exists in your OSTC memory, can be updated. You have to delete the profiles from the existing dives (very easily in the table editor) and then re-import them from the OSTC and selecting the update option before importing. For older dives you will be able to add manually gas switches in the profile view, when you have the information somewhere.

Importing of gas switches from the OSTC is now implemented and working. Here you can see a screenshot of a dive with several gas switches, simulated on the OSTC and then imported into Diving Log. You can also see an additional (optional) gas display at the bottom.
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

@divinglog : great news. When can the update/upgrade with this functionality be downloaded ? And if I may suggest one more thing - possibility of displaying/hiding grid in the Viewer (and in Profile). But gas switch logging was really the most important. Great job ! Looking forward to update ...
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
divinglog

Post by divinglog »

I'm working hard on it to get it out as soon as possible, but I want a certain quality level and stability. It will be this month for sure. Grid display is already possible.
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

@divinglog : Really good job. Looking forward to playing with it. Old dives ... well, they are no longer in the comp, but still got plans so I will be able (maybe) to put gas switches in manually.
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828