questions about OTU and CNS

Legacy OSTC's
jacek konikowski

questions about OTU and CNS

Post by jacek konikowski »

Hello,

I am a diver from Poland. I found your project and I really like it.

I have a question - Does OSTC have a function of monitoring CNS and OTU? And, in connection with this, does it order Air Breaks?

Are you going to give the possibilty of changing decompression algorytm (VPM or RGBM)- I mean, are you planning to give the possibility for users to download it?

Thanks for your reply.

Jacek
heinrichsweikamp

Re: questions about OTU and CNS

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello Jacek,

Thanks for your post! The current firmware does not compute CNS and OTU. Currently, the Trimix routine outputs decompression rules on the current used gas only.

We're planning to include a mode for a planed Trimix dive, as well.

VPM and RGBM is currently not in the works but they are theoretically possible, of course.

regards,
Matthias
jacek konikowski

Post by jacek konikowski »

Hello,

Thanks for your replay.

If I understand your idea well, you created such a computer (open source) in order to develope it in future by adding new functions (like CNS, OTU, Air Breakes, Deep Stops or changing the whole decompression algorytm into the newest one) .

If I buy it now, can I be sure that you will work on the development of the computer functions?

Best regards,
Jacek
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello Jacek,

Yes, that's true. We can not give you a guarantee that we will include a particular function or feature. We have been extremely busy in the last weeks building the first batch of the OSTC units.

We will focus on the firmware in the next weeks again. CNS and OTU is a must for future versions, we agree.

We will also expand the profile format with flags for gas changes and markers, as well as future ppO2 sensors.

If you want to be 100% sure of what you are getting - wait until all required features are included in a released stable version.

regards,
Matthias