> gf
> > display,
>
> Set CF08 (GF Display) to 2% and (If using 2.29 or
> newer) CF66 to ON.
>
> regards,
> Matthias

Will look in to that thanks. Unfortunately, I have not been able to update the firmware for reasons I'm unsure of to do with bootloader.
Tim

Re: CCR setpoint changing with OSTC 2n

Post by Tim »

I dive with an Inspo Classic. I used a Nexus, which has auto switching. When I got the OSTC I at first also thought it would be better to be able to set switch depths but now I am used to it it is no longer a feature that I miss.
Custerson

Post by Custerson »

I would just like to add my +1 for adding this feature.
Is there any chance this feature can be re-evaluated for development?
alexasigno

Post by alexasigno »

This has been brought up time and time again over the last few years. I have no idea why such a seemingly simple feature can't be added :(
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Auto-Setpoint changes are like auto gas changes. They are dangerous if you (the diver) does not change the setpoint when the computer does. That's why they are not implemented.

Regards,
Matthias
sailor

Post by sailor »

Hi,

the difference between an onboard Vision-Electronic and an offboard backup-computer ( like the OSTC in this case for instance ) is the following:

- when the Vision-Electronic is set up to automatically change the setpoint, the setpoint in the rebreather is actually physically changed and the diver is breathing the changed setpoint.

- an offboard backup computer does not know what setpoint the rebreather is set-up for. But the diver is suppossed to know and can tell the offboard computer whats the rebreathers setpoint is.

The online shearwaters with fisher are not be be compared as they are online and they know the rebreathers setpoint.

Reiner
swissdiving

Post by swissdiving »

Actually the Beta of the OSTC4 does automatically change the set point as with a Shearwater...
...I am not sure what HW is waiting for to release the Beta? I've been diving it close to a year now and it works like a treat.
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892
--> OSTC4 ¦ 257 / 392 / 424 / 647/1324 Fischer

RTFM