OSTC Sport Companion

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
hubert57

OSTC Sport Companion

Post by hubert57 »

Hi, I received my new OSTC Sport yersterday and I am not able to communicate via the companion software. I have the same issues that the post about the problem that Max described here: read.php?6,13770
My computer is an Asus UX302LA (recent) and running under W8.1
The Bluetooth connection is OK (I tried with my Samsung phone).
The OSTC is recognized as OSTCs 0442 with mac address.
When I go in the Bluetooth menu of the OSTC it says Starting and then Done.
When I open the Windows Icon Bluetooth OSTCs442 it says no service or connection to a remote peripheral device and the OSTC stops bluetooth after 2 minutes.
When I open OSTC companion I cannot access to the changing of communication port. When I open the taskbar Bluetooth Icon I have COM3 outgoing for OSTcs 0442 'SPP Dev' and COM4 for incoming. In the properties of OSTC442 events I can see the device installed (bth.inf)
I tried the software you OSTC Companion_comport and didn't bring it running. I putted it in the OSTC 0.21.1 folder and added all the files it was searching for that I found on my computers but at least I had an error.
I tried also running the companion as Administrator, running in W8 or W7 compatibility mode without result. The power management of the bluetooth has also been unchecked.
Have you something I should try ? At last I would try to buy a external bluetooth adapter if you don't have a solution, but my internal seems to work because I can exchange files with my phone.
Sputnik

Re: OSTC Sport Companion

Post by Sputnik »

try the attached file of Matthias OSTC Companion_comport.exe (279 KB)
and insert it in the OSTC companion folder. Execute the file and change / select the right port in the upper left corner. It has to work with your BT, it is a 4.0
hubert57

Post by hubert57 »

Thank you for answering.
Could not bring it to run.
I joined a printscreen of the message I have when I launch the Comportexe file (I am french so the text ...).
Hope it can help you to resolve my problem. On the Innodive shop site they explain that there are problems with bluetooth connection with companion.
I tried with divinglog 5.0 and could connect to the OSTC.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

There will be a major update for the companion very soon dealing Windows 8.1 and OSTC "sport" issues. So, please be patient if you don't want to use these work-arounds here.

Regards,
Matthias
hubert57

Post by hubert57 »

Thank you Matthias I will wait for the update.
Best regards
Hubert
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

Would it be possible to get a german step by step instruction to connect the OSTC Sport with the Companion Software. I use a external Bluetooth Adapter but it is not possible to connect the OSTC Sport with my Laptop. I don´t know what is my fault.
heinrichsweikamp

Hallo Steffen,

In der Anleitung steht ab S.88 eigentlich wie es geht (Für Windows). Woran hängt es denn?

Gruß,
Matthias
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

Ja soweit funktioniert das paaren auch. Ich habe mir die Companion Software (Version 0.58.3) heruntergeladen und dort wird auch der verwendete Com Port
gelistet und ich kann den auch auswählen aber wenn ich in der Software dann auf Reconnect klicke bekomme ich eine Fehlermeldung dass der Port nicht
erkannt wird und ob ich die aktuellen Treiber von FTDI VCP habe. Wenn ich dann die Seite des Herstellers besuche wird man an Inofs erschlagen die für mich
als nicht Fachmann nicht zuverstehen sind.

Wie gesagt die Verbindung OSTC zu PC funktioniert nur die Verbindung dann weiter zur Companion software war bisher nicht möglich.
heinrichsweikamp

Für den Sport brauchst Du keine VCP Treiber, das gilt nur für den normalen OSTC3.

Beim klicken auf "Reconnect" meldet sich evtl. Dein Windows das es sich neu mit dem Bluetooth Gerät verbinden möchte. Diesen Dialog musst Du dann bestätigen.

Gruß,
Matthias
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Versuche mal einfach den externen Adapter im Windows zu deaktivieren und wieder aktivieren, dann müste sich Windows mit der Paarung melden, das funktioniert aber nur solange sich der Sport im BT Modus befindet.
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

Ich hab die Companion Software nochmal in der neuesten Version 0.58.5_beta von 28.10.14 und auch den Bluetooth Adapter nochmal komplett neu installiert.
Die Verbindung zwischen OSTC und Laptop klappte auf Com Port 5. In der Companion Software habe ich dann den „OSTC Sport“ und den Com Port 5 entsprechend
ausgewählt und mit „ok“ bestätigt. Anschließend habe ich mit „reconnect“ versucht den OSTC mit der Software zu verbinden und was soll ich sagen. Es klappte.
Keine Ahnung was vorher schief lief.
heinrichsweikamp

Hallo,

Hier sind die Infos zum neuen Companion: read.php?6,14143

Gruß,
Matthias