VPlanner - Live deco

Legacy OSTC's
Claude Schaffter

VPlanner - Live deco

Post by Claude Schaffter »

Hello Heinrichs, we are looking for "opened" dive computer that will alows us to upload VPlanner - Live. Would your computer be able to support it? Thanks for your feedbacks
heinrichsweikamp

Re: VPlanner - Live deco

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello Claude,

Thanks for your inquiry, I'm not 100% what VPlanner-Live is but I guess it's an algorithm normally used in your VPlanner Software but modified to be used in dive computers? The installation on the OSTC may be possible, but the OSTC is (and will be) completely open. There is no save way to install firmware on the OSTC without the easy option to download and copy it. And that's intentional.

Regards,
Matthias
Claude Schaffter

Post by Claude Schaffter »

Thank you Matthias for your answer. Currently we are using VPlanner with VPM-B/E model and we are looking for a diving computer on which we could load and run the VPlanner software.
V-Planner Live is a full decompression firmware program that uses genuine VPM-B and VPM-B/E for its decompression calculations. This "Live" version is a complete rewrite of the VPM algorithms to perform continuous underwater decompression calculations. Greater details are given on the following link: http://www.hhssoftware.com/v-planner-live/
Best regards,
Claude
Ross Hemingway

Post by Ross Hemingway »

Hello,

I wrote V-Planner Live. It will not load or run in Heinrichs computer. All these firmware programs are written specifically for the CPU and hardware they are intended to operate on. There is no generic or common OS that they comply with. V-Planner Live is available on the X1 only at this time.

Regards Rossh

www.v-plannerlive.com