OSTC 4: New Firmware V1.1.0

The big one
heinrichsweikamp

OSTC 4: New Firmware V1.1.0

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

The new hwOS4 firmware V1.1.0 is now available for download: http://www.heinrichsweikamp.com/?id=479&version=de (German) or http://www.heinrichsweikamp.com/?id=479&version=en (English) (English)

Changes since Version 1.0.11:

NEW: Langue Français
NEW: Deco Planner with gas consumption and summary
NEW: deco stop ceiling graphics in logbook view
FIX: VPM ceiling
FIX: smaller fixes (bluetooth, text, fallback times)
NEW: command to distinguish standard and Bonex version
CHG: interface to OSTC Companion, OTSC Tools and others
FIX: custom view limits
NEW: compass calibration stored on reset (RTE)

regards,
Christian
Nachttaucher

Re: OSTC 4: New Firmware V1.1.0

Post by Nachttaucher »

Hallo Christian,

nach dem Update zeigt mein OSTC4 im Hauptmenü folgendes in roter Schrift an:

Settings: 2

siehe Bild in der Anlage.

Was darf ich mir darunter vorstellen?
heinrichsweikamp

Hallo Nachttaucher.

Es wurden zwei Settings korrigiert bzw. neu erstellt. Ist mit dem nächsten Start und durch das automatische Abspeichern der neuen Einstellungen weg.

Gruß,
Christian
Nachttaucher

Post by Nachttaucher »

Hallo Christian,

ich hatte die Firmware vor ein paar Tagen mit „OSTC Companion v3.00 beta 7“ eingespielt.
Die jeweiligen Dateien der Firmware wurden übertragen, nur der Updateprozess musste von mir manuell durchgeführt werden, da die Beta 7 nach Ende der Datenübertragung eine Fehlermeldung ausgegeben hatte. Erst nach dem manuellen Neustart der Firmware und des RTF wurde die neue Firmware dann installiert. Seitdem habe ich diesen Anzeigefehler.

Auch wenn ich erneut die Firmware und das RTE neu starte bleibt der Fehler bestehen.

Reset Menü -> Neustart -> Neustart Firmware

Reset Menü -> Neustart -> RTE neu starten

Ein erneutes einspielen der Firmware mit der Beta 8 des OSTC Companion v3.00 ist leider nicht möglich.
heinrichsweikamp

Hallo Nachttaucher.

Bei einem Reset werden die Einstellungen nicht zuvor gespeichert.
Dazu eine Einstellung ändern und wieder aus dem Menü gehen. Wenn das heinrichs/weikamp Logo ein- und ausgeblendet wird, dann wurden die Einstellungen neu gespeichert.

Wenn das Problem bestehen bleibt, bitte einmal Reset Settings durchführen. Menü SYS2->Reset Menü->Reset Settings.

Grüße,
Christian
Nachttaucher

Post by Nachttaucher »

Hallo Christian,

Reset Setting mit anschließendem neustart hat funktioniert,

Nur wenn ich den Tauchcomputer auflade erscheint die Anzeige erneut, komisch???

Nachttaucher
tanomogi

Post by tanomogi »

I was too.
after flashing part2, them x, y roll pitch debug screen occurs.
forced reset all settings and RTE, now showed RTE version was "0"
Flashing again, it was fine.

But

"Settings 2" occurs --> after 'reset all settings & RTE reboot & Firmware reboot".
Set new configurations done.
"Settings 2" occurs.

some of my settings conflicts this.

#also temp legend still need to fix,
no plan to revert old style compass?
VPM ceiling still weired when I using simulation.
heinrichsweikamp

Dear Tanomigi.

Flashing RTE with one of the latest versions does not active the firmware updater for the main firmware. Hence either it can be actived by Reseting the firmware (maybe a reset of the RTE is necessary in advance) or by updating a second time. This issue will be addressed with the next update.Sorry for the inconvience that was introduced by a clean start up for later purposes.
For the settings warning issue an intermediate update V1.1.1 is available and replaces the current version.
I will check temperature graph and VPM ceiling again - maybe you can send us an email with details as those two topics should be fixed by addressed with the latest versions.

regards,
Christian
Peter van den Beemt

Post by Peter van den Beemt »

Hi,

I own a OSTC4 a week now. Updated it twice (1.1.0 and 1.1.1). And actually both times the update did not work smoothly. The first time I got the same errors as tanomogi. I had no clue what to do so just pressed some buttons and tried something. Also tried something from the reboot menu. At the end it looked like the device was updated.

Then installed v1.1.1. This time new problems. Installer/loader (beta 8) got disconnected and the screen on my computer was left blank. Again pressed some buttons and got back to my main screen. Al my settings were still there but the version was still 1.1.0. Rebooted the firmware. It found the new software and installed it.

What I want to know is what is the proper procedure to update the OSTC4.

Something else. I would be great if the OSTC4 would remember the last setting of my compass. Just like a real dive-compass, it is always set to some direction. Set is set to some direction until you set it to another direction.

Very, very happy with the display and other functions.

regards,

Peter
Peter van den Beemt
OSTC4 - 82
heinrichsweikamp

Dear Peter.

Main Firmware updates are stored in non-volatile memory and installed on restart if verified to be valid (otherwise deleted). Right now the reset to bootloader is not always working 100% after upload as most of the PC software is still beta and the latest RTE needs a fix to allow immediate firmware update after its own update as restart behavior was changed.

The compass bearing is not stored at the moment as it would be always necessary to delete it if not needed anymore. Maybe we change this behaviour if requested.

with kind regards,
Christian
Peter van den Beemt

Post by Peter van den Beemt »

Christian,

Thanks for your quick reply.

With respect to the compass bearing. With a real divecompass I never delete the bearing (because not possible), why should this be necessary on a divecomputer?

just my 2 cents...

Peter
Peter van den Beemt
OSTC4 - 82
sadsani@gmail.com

Post by sadsani@gmail.com »

hello if possible in future update is it ok to have the option to change the `max depth" with actual M-value at the current depth and time
or

in GF99

i think its a good info to have when you are diving .. for me its more useful than knowing my max depth

Sulaiman OSTC3 OSTC4:73
Mazo

Post by Mazo »

Guten Morgen,

bitte integriert doch eine Möglichkeit, dass man an der Oberfläche den Tauchgang händisch beenden kann. Gerade als Tauchlehrer mit wechselnden Schülern, ist es umständlich wenn man den Arm 5 Minuten über Wasser halten muss... Einmal zu tief im Wasser und der 5 Minuten Timer beginnt von vorne ;)

Grüße Mazo