charging problems after update

The big one
Thorsten M.

charging problems after update

Post by Thorsten M. »

Hello I have since 2 weeks my new OSTC4 and i am very happy with it !
I am proffesionaly diving with it and was happy to see today that there was an update i had also to recharge a first time the unit but had problems to find the right position and it was not easy to evoid that the unit was steady once the charger in position. so the battery was 45% full and i stopped the process for the update!

After the update i had a red blinking battery like empty and since it is not possible to charge the unit with the charger !!! it`s only 2 sec on and 2 sec off green blinking..... any ideas what i should do ?
tanomogi

Re: charging problems after update

Post by tanomogi »

After update(reset flash, battery level), battery level will be empty.(even if 100% of battery)

monitor your real battery voltage.
==> Goto SYS2 -> Reset -> Maintenance

Mine also charging LED sometimes blinking(when in charging, 2 or more flashes sometimes) and when it almost finishing, steady green or off. anyway it works(not as manual descriptions).

Turn it on and check your right charging position(white thunder mark, mine is exact center of OSTC4[also not as manual]) then just leave it alone until 100%.
Longli

Post by Longli »

Hallo Thorsten,
ich hatte das gleiche Problem und folgende Antwort erhalten:

"Das "RTE" wurde mit diesem update aktualisiert. Daher weiss der Computer den Ladestand nicht mehr und muss einmal voll geladen werden. Dann stimmt auch die Anzeige wieder. Das Laden selbst: Wenn er mal abschaltet wegen mehr als 50°C: Einfach liegen lassen. Er startet von alleine wieder."

Siehe auch:

"
Wenn die LED des Ladepads beim Laden nur blinkt ist entweder..
- die Verbindung zum Tauchcomputer nicht korrekt. Das ist daran zu erkennen, dass der Ladeblitz im Display nicht dauerhaft grün oder weiß ist ist sondern ab und an gelb wird.
ODER
- die USB Stromversorgung liefert nicht ausreichend Strom. Sie sollte mindestens 800mA Output haben.

Die grüne LED bleibt auch an wenn der Ladevorgang beendet ist. Das Ende des Ladevergangs (100%) erkennt man im Display an einer vollen Anzeige und einem grünen Ladeblitz.

Zur Übersicht
Das Ladepad (transparente Version mit heinrichs/weikamp Logo) funktioniert folgendermaßen:
LED grün leuchtet alle 4 Sekunden: Suche Tauchcomputer / Empfänger.
LED grün leuchtet: gute Verbindung, ausreichend Strom.
sonstiges:
LED blinkt jede Sekunden: Laden mit geringem Strom(Probleme mit Stromversorgung oder Verbindung zum Empfänger/Tauchcomputer).
LED leuchtet rot: Temperaturschutz des Ladegeräts ist angegangen."

Gruß Torsten
OSTC MK2 407
Thorsten M.

Post by Thorsten M. »

Danke für die Tips werde sie berücksichtigen ;-) habe mir von meinem chef auch sein OSTC4 Ladekabel geborgt und probiere es auch damit mal aus
LG Thorsten
Thorsten M.

Post by Thorsten M. »

Thanks for your suggestions i will try them out ;-)
sadsani@gmail.com

Post by sadsani@gmail.com »

charging the OSTC4 can be pain .. i cant get a steady green LED,,,, it keep on flashing ... when i try to find the right spot it goes steady no flasing then after like 8 sec chnage to flashing ....

any help
Sulaiman OSTC3 OSTC4:73
alex-PS

Post by alex-PS »

@sadsani:

Try charging after unmounting the backplate that holds the bungees. That helped me after around two days placing the unit above the charger without getting steady green.
sadsani@gmail.com

Post by sadsani@gmail.com »

i have a very smart idea for ostc free of charge :) they do some kind of a docking

that insure the charging pad and the computer are in the correct place alignment

what do you think
Sulaiman OSTC3 OSTC4:73