Display Spielerei

The big one
sniefer

Display Spielerei

Post by sniefer »

Hi All!

Hatte mich gefragt, ob es nicht schön wäre, wenn man die Displayfarbkonfiguration tiefenabhängig einstellen könnte? Also z.B. ab 20m rotes theme und überhalb, wo die Sonne wieder reinbrennt im grünen theme..

Wär' evtl. ein cooles Feature um in der Tiefe nicht zu blenden, und im Flachbereich gut ablesbar zu sein.

Oder habe ich übersehen, dass man zumindest die Helligkeit während des TGs einstellen kann? Bei meinem 2N geht das...lol...

edit: kann es sein, dass der Lichtsensor noch nicht funktioniert?
www.sasnitrox.com
sniefer

Re: Display Spielerei

Post by sniefer »

I don't think my ostc 4 is automatically adjusting to ambient light conditions. Anyone experiencing similarly?
www.sasnitrox.com
sniefer

Post by sniefer »

Repost:

It clearly states in the manual the OSTC4 does have a light sensor to adjust the brightness of the display to ambient light conditions automatically.

Is this working with any device out there? Would be nice to receive an official answer on this. Maybe I do have a faulty device..

Cheers,
Stephan

www.sasnitrox.com
www.sasnitrox.com
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

The OSTC4 is equipped with an ambient light sensor.

Depending on the firmware you have you can see the effect best in ECO mode. In high mode the brightness is almost constant in the max. setting.

Regards,
Matthias
sniefer

Post by sniefer »

Hi Matthias!

Thank you for your reply! I run firmware 1.1.8 in eco mode with color scheme 1 (the red one). Nevertheless it seems I cannot provoke a change in display brightness by using differing ambient light conditions. Same thing though with color scheme 0. Is there a suggested way to try this? The display does react/change to the three different brightness settings, just not to ambient light changes. The only time I am able to see a difference on the screens brightness is when switching through a dive within the logbook. Does the sensor work only during diving respectively simulation mode? How long does it take to adjust? Is it supposed to adjust gradually or by steps?

Cheers,

Stephan

PS: Where is the sensor located? Is the screen itself maybe affecting the sensor?

Lots of questions, sorry for that, just wanna make sure my device is in proper order ;-)
www.sasnitrox.com