Battery longevity and changing?

The big one
stuartv

Battery longevity and changing?

Post by stuartv »

Hi,

How long do you expect the battery in the OSTC 4 to last before its capacity has reduced to 75% of its original capacity? 1 year? 2 years?

When the battery has eventually lost enough capacity to need to be replaced, is this something an end user can accomplish? Or can the battery only be replaced by sending it to HW?

How much will it cost to have the battery in the OSTC 4 replaced, if the unit is sent to HW?

Thank you.

- Stuart
heinrichsweikamp

Re: Battery longevity and changing?

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi Stuart,

For a computer in the 1200EUR range we are able to buy quality brand Panasonic 18650B Li-Ion batteries. They are rated to 500 full cycles and still have 80% capacity. A dedicated protection circuity is added to them from our supplier so you need to buy a replacement from us, which costs 29EUR incl. VAT. It's user replaceable (You need a TX30 bit to open the battery cover).

regards,
Matthias
tanomogi

Post by tanomogi »

* It's PANASONIC NCR-18650A(3.1Ah) but specialized(special protection circuit with integrated +/- pole) by BMZ corp.

* User replaceable, but its really hard to assemble.(stiff O-rings and no margins for deep water proof. If you do not concentrates, cap/battery slot's pitch will wear-out)

@HeinrichsWeikamp: Battery slot cap's O-ring same as DIN 5/8 regulator O-ring? If not, can I ask the size of O-ring and plastick backplate's torx?(I lost one of torx bolts)
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

tanomogi Wrote:
> @HeinrichsWeikamp: Battery slot cap's O-ring same
> as DIN 5/8 regulator O-ring? If not, can I ask the
> size of O-ring and plastick backplate's torx?(I
> lost one of torx bolts)

Please email us directly for spare parts of any kind. (O-Ring is 17x2.5 NBR 70A, Screws are ISO 7380 M3x4 TX or M3x6 TX

@all: Please do not open any covers unnecessary ;)

Regards,
Matthias