Charging OSTC 4

The big one
lionelw

Re: Charging OSTC 4

Post by lionelw »

Thanks. So that plate is completely different to the one on my unit #506. It looks much better as not only does it have the recess, but the bungee mounts look much better and seems like would fit better on the arm.

@Matthias can you please let me know if this back plate will fit my OSTC4. The photo only shows two screws (which seem to be in the correct position for my unit but cannot see if there are also another two for the other long edge (under the mount, maybe obscured by the bungee). How do I get hold of one of these?
Cyborg

Post by Cyborg »

lionelw Wrote:
The photo only shows two
> screws (which seem to be in the correct position
> for my unit but cannot see if there are also
> another two for the other long edge (under the
> mount, maybe obscured by the bungee). How do I get
> hold of one of these?
There is no other screws on the lower edge. But there are two extra hooks on the alu body...
Cyborg
OSTC4 #439, #152
lionelw

Post by lionelw »

Hmmm, so it's seems like there was perhaps a redesign. Not sure which is older (though your serial number would suggest mine is). Strange as this seems like a backwards step!
Cyborg

Post by Cyborg »

It seems strange to me, too.
Both my units, #439 (flooded at 30m) and current #152 have the same back plate.
Cyborg
OSTC4 #439, #152
lionelw

Post by lionelw »

Correction, that should have been (though serial number would suggest mine is newer).

@Matthias can you please shed some light. I am still struggling with charging and will have to make a 3D printed jig to hold it in place. Also the charger gets hot quickly and seems to stop charging - maybe I'll charge in fridge!
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

The backplate with the intend was an intermediate design we had to do because of issues sourcing some parts. The design without the intent is the current design. Electronic-wise they both are absolutely identical.

Regards,
Matthias
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Matthias,

would it be possible for your guys to create the back plate for the unit, with a hole (a full hole, not indentation) in it for the charger ? Properly located, properly finished etc ?
I am willing to pay for it, just to avoid all those small charging issues.

Best regards
gorcio
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Hello HW team,

as you know - I have been struggling with recharging my new unit for quite a while. 3 different charging pads (2 green ones, one black), two different wall chargers (3A each), charging time from 44% to ~100% takes about 10 hours. That's completely unacceptable. Each time I returned the unit, I got it back with a note that it charges ok, and I should use proper charger. I have never had had any issue with my first OSTC4 that sadly died. Now, I am getting really desperate. I love the unit, but if there is no solution - I will need to say good bye to it.
As I am not going to dismount back plate each time for charging, could you kindly consider my suggestion and offer a back place for bungee mount with a hole for a charger, so that it touches bottom wall of the unit and hopefully allows uninterrupted charging ? If producing such back plate is too much hassle - could you share technical drawing, and I will either CNC it myself, or have it 3D printed ?

Best regards
gorcio
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828