OSTC 4 dreht total durch!! (td)

The big one
CrissCross

OSTC 4 dreht total durch!! (td)

Post by CrissCross »

Hallo Heinrichs Weikamp,

mein OSTC 4 hast aus dem „Stand by“ und somit nichts heraus einen 108 Meter-Tauchgang hingelegt (siehe Anhang)! :S Dieser „Tauchgang“ war mit keiner Taste zu beenden – einzige Möglichkeit, Akku raus und alles war wieder OK.
Nun kann allerdings das Akku-Fach nicht mehr geschlossen werden, da anscheinend der O-Ring am Verschluss zu groß scheint (siehe ebenfalls Anhang).

Ich bin an dieser Stelle mehr als frustriert und enttäuscht, da ich grundsätzlich von Euren Produkten überzeugt bin.
Mit der Bitte um dringende Unterstützung bei dieser Problematik, da am kommenden Wochenende einige reale Tauchgänge anstehen ...

Viele Grüße,
Chris
tanomogi

Re: OSTC 4 dreht total durch!! (td)

Post by tanomogi »

What happened? CNS999???(translator can't recognize what happened)

About battery cap...
I already addressed on read.php?7,17079#msg-17085
and Matthias also recommend to do not open unnecessary. hard to close. yes... therefore it was rated over 200msw watertight!

Anyway, U need check this. and more concentrate!!!
1) remove O-ring
2) check which position would matching(start to close position) thread, then mark it.(body, cap both)
3) change new O-ring(17x2.5 NBR 70A) and grease, set the cap on already marked align position, veeeeeeeeery slightly move the cap to open position
4) Battery cap, body, wrench aligned with VERTICALLY, then pressurize and turn to close.
CrissCross

Post by CrissCross »

@tanomogi: Don’t have any idea what was happened … yesterday night I was working in my office and the OSTC 4 was starting this mysterious dive just like magic! :S
In this case I gradually lose the trust in my expensive OSTC4 … :( The overall question: Are there any problems with the pressure sensor or the software?

Do you possibly have a “video description” for mounting the battery cap to have a better feeling and see what is the best technique?
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Did the OSTC4 show a false temperature, too? That would indicate a defective sensor for sure.

Battery cap is tight, yes. But can be closed with the correct Torx bit for sure (TX30). Maybe it's easier if we check the unit at our place (And replace this ruined battery cap...)?

Regards,
Matthias
CrissCross

Post by CrissCross »

Hi Matthias,

yes the OSTC 4 also has shown an incorrect temperature (-70,9 Grad Celsius) - additionally I can send you the video or check the attachment where you can see this.

How can I directly get in touch with you for the further process like reshipment and so on? You can also contact me and find my email-address in the profile information of this forum.

Regards and thanks in advance,
Chris

P.S.: The issue concerning Battery Cap is focused on the (maybe to large) O-Ring not to the tool itself.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

Yes, email us directly please: info@heinrichsweikamp.com

Regards,
Matthias
CrissCross

Post by CrissCross »

Hi Matthias,

done and feel free to contact me via mail or phone!

Best regards,
Chris
CrissCross

Post by CrissCross »

Hallo zusammen,

an dieser Stelle und seitens meines (damals) nicht mehr funktionierenden OSTC 4 möchte ich Christian & Matthias sowie Igor von Heinrichs Weikamp für den TOP-Support, d.h. bzgl. Betreuung / OSTC 4-Reparatur / Ersatzgerät / usw., nochmal herzlich Danken –-> der Kundenservice von Euch sucht wirklich seines Gleichen und ist nur mit einem Wort zu beschreiben: HERVORRAGEND!! (:P)

Es war & ist die richtige Entscheidung, sich für Eure Produkte zu entscheiden!! >:D<

Viele Grüße und ein schönes verlängertes Wochenende,
Christian