Difficulty connecting bluetooth

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
stiebs

Difficulty connecting bluetooth

Post by stiebs »

Playing with my new Sport, trying to get Bluetooth connectivity up and going. I first tried using DiveMate on my Galaxy S2, and seemed to connect and download without too much trouble. Then I tried with my Windows 10 PC, which is causing me lots of trouble.

At first, after about 10-15 seconds it found "OSTCs 1" device, but when I tried to pair, gave me an error. After cancelling and restartind BT mode on the Sport a few times, it found "OSTC 1" again, and then about 10 seconds later again it found "OSTC 13271", and I connected to it successfully, and updated the person info using Subsurface.

But it is seems to be very unreliable in connecting again. I've tried unplugging/plugging my BT dongle, rebooting PC, restarting BT on the Sport. But it is very inconsistent with pairing PC to the Sport, even when it is sitting only 1m away.

Going back to DiveMate on my tablet, it doesn't seem to find the OSTC when I do a BT scan, but it does seem to connect and download OK anyway.

Am I alone in my frustration connecting to BT, or is this a common issue?
heinrichsweikamp

Re: Difficulty connecting bluetooth

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

Leave the bluetooth window from Windows 10 open (can be in the background) when re-connecting to the sport with Subsurface.

regards,
Matthias
stiebs

Post by stiebs »

Yes, I did leave it open. My results are very inconsistent. Sometimes it will pick up the OSTC for only a second or two, then it will disappear again. Very frustrating!
stiebs

Post by stiebs »

Also tried my Win7 PC at the office, and similar issues. Next step is to find another blue tooth adapter, to see if that is an issue - but mine is connecting successfully to a number of other different types of BT devices without any troubles.
stiebs

Post by stiebs »

So I got hold of a Win7 laptop with built in bluetooth with much greater success. My BT adapter is this one: http://www.avantronics.com/Product-Blue ... S_994.html

Is anyone else out there using a USB bluetooth adapter with good results, and if so, please post which one you have. I don't really like the idea of buying up a whole heap of them on the off chance that one is btter than the rest...

Thanks.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

We recommend the ASUS BT400.

regards,
Matthias