OSTC4 & CCR connection

The big one
aligot

OSTC4 & CCR connection

Post by aligot »

Hello,

instead of the expensive ppO2 monitor device, do you plan to produce an adapter that can be directly put into the head of a rebreather to transform signal from the cells to optical one ?

Like a lot's of people I have an AP rebreather. I have O2 cell monitoring on the rebeather handset. I can get some cable out of the rebreather using, for instance adapter from tecme.de . If I connect my OSTC4 to this rebeather I'll have two ways to get cells reading. I don't need a third screen and I would prefer limit the number/size of devices I carry under water :-)

What can you suggest ?

Best regards,

A.
aligot

Re: OSTC4 & CCR connection

Post by aligot »

Hello,

Do you have some specification about the optical link of the OSTC4 ? Are you able to provide them ?

I'm thinking about using an arduino to send the OSTC4 O2 sensor information.

Best regards,

a.
glance

Post by glance »

I think the protocol is the same as between the ppo2 monitor, hud and the ostc3, as described in:
read.php?6,14906,14906#msg-14907

//Anton
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

Yes the protocol is identical.

regards,
Christian
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

did someone continue with the arduino idea? I am just trying to do the same but facing problems with the data receiption.

Signal modulation is done like described in the link above.

Checksum seems to be an addition byte by byte (checked OSTC3 source) and then comparing the 16bit value with the 16 bit checksum received.

Is there an debug mode available at OSTC4 which could be used to check the received data ?

Kind regards,
Thorsten