Button sensitivity

The big one
swissdiving

Button sensitivity

Post by swissdiving »

Hi all,

Now I am the proud owner of an OSTC4 (the 2N has been relegated to Backup).

I am struggling with the buttons to go through the menu with my dry gloves when diving. Even when increasing the sensitivity. No problem with my bare hands on dry land though.

Any tricks or suggestions? Any examples how you guys (or gals) set the sensitivity?

Because I've increased the sensitivity of the buttons when diving, now they are too sensitive when handling the computer on land. So much so that I have to be careful not to accidentally changing something in the configuration...

My general comments on first use:
- The display is great (the viewing angle of the N2 OLED display is way better though) and the center display area takes a bit of getting used to.
- What is displayed in the center during the dive has to be disabled for every dive over and over again, which is a real drag especially when one has to surface several times during a dive.
- Still disappointed about HW dropping the USB connector...
...alas technologies change not always for the better. :)
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892
--> OSTC4 ¦ 257 / 392 / 424 / 647/1324 Fischer

RTFM
swissdiving

Re: Button sensitivity

Post by swissdiving »

My second dive with the ostc4. After doing some exercises on land with my dry gloves the handling was a bit better in the water. Gas switches worked alright but will take some more practice. With the two buttons system of the 2N there was a smaller chance of flipping past the gas switch menu. Some more practice today.

Also noticed that the ostc4 and 2N are quite a bit out when it comes do deco calculation desat and no fly even though they are configured the same (as far as I can tell).
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892
--> OSTC4 ¦ 257 / 392 / 424 / 647/1324 Fischer

RTFM