likelihood of new firmware?

Legacy OSTC's
Wardy_uk

likelihood of new firmware?

Post by Wardy_uk »

Are there likely to be any further firmware updates for the 2n etc?

I've just joined the 2n owners club after picking up a second hand unit a few days back - and whilst I'm still getting to grips with it - I live it...

As with all new owners though, I've spotted what may be an opportunity for some enhancements ;)

1 - I couldn't find any way to display the battery in dive mode. Whilst I appreciate this is unlikely to a major issue, I find the being able to see the battery whilst diving with other DC's reassuring.

2 - It would be *really* helpful to be able to reorder the menu's to suit the user

3 - what happened to the tank icon? it used to be CF41 - why was this deprecated - I quite liked how that looked and whilst functionally it wont make a lot of difference, it looks cool, and lets face it, diving is all about looking fabulous ;)

tia

Nick
scubatinoo

Re: likelihood of new firmware?

Post by scubatinoo »

Wardy_uk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are there likely to be any further firmware
> updates for the 2n etc?

I don't think so. Exept someone finds a serious bug... If you want to have new featuers, you'll have to buy a new OSTC. Don't forget: I bouhgt my OSTC 2N in late 2011... So the hardware is almost 7 years old.
regards,
scubatinoo

> OSTC 2N 3705 & OSTC 2 18807 <
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

And still the hardware of the 2N as such is fine...
It's about the (limited) amount of program memory available on that generation of OSTCs that hinders the transfer of all the new stuff from the current OSTC 2 :-(
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

And major differences in the hardware, e.g. the logbook memory (128K compared to 4M) prevent just copiying the new routines into the old OSTC 2N/2C and Mk.2

regards,
Matthias
Wardy_uk

Post by Wardy_uk »

yeah - I understand that, and wouldnt expect to see features from the newer models...

The question really, was are there likely to be any further updates of any kind, and if so, are HW still looking at suggested enhancements (like in my OP ;) )

tia

Nick