OSTC cycles alone through menus

The big one
chrisrms

OSTC cycles alone through menus

Post by chrisrms »

Hi,

my OSTC (#516) with 1.3.5 installed, cycles from alone through the menus. E. g. after a dive, suddenly, it switched on and started cycling from on menu to the next, even in a menu itself, then back to teh main menu options and so forth. I noticed this now 3 times,that's why I post this message, to see what could be wrong.

Best regards

Christoph
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC cycles alone through menus

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi Christoph,

What's the button sensitivity? When the right button is set too sensitive (High values like 95) this can happen.

regards,
Matthias
chrisrms

Post by chrisrms »

Hi Matthias,

button sensivity is 75 except for left value which I had to change to -10, to 65 otherwise during dive values change.

The plroblem is that when this automatic cycling through menus happens it changes values!!! Which means that e. g. the algorithm gets changes, the GF gets changed, etc. without that I do something.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi Christoph,

what was the battery level before charging it?

I had the same issue with a OSTCPlus with an almost empty battery.
I'm going to check this today and recharge the Plus with the same
Settings.

My first thoughts were that the charger would affect the sensors.
Could be but a change in the buttonsensitivity has no effect.
So my thoughs where that the battery level was so low that the sensors could not work properly and the OSTC turns to a Menuewalker.

@Matthias, is this possible?

Regards
Rob
Home: http://www.angermayr.eu
email: ostctools@angermayr.eu
Home of OSTC Tools: http://ostctools.angermayr.eu
HWOSConfig for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.angermayr.hwosconfig
chrisrms

Post by chrisrms »

Hi all,

I never let go lower with battery level then about a quater, so it was arround 25% but not much lower. When this happened, last Saturday right after the dive, the battery was 77% before dive.

I'll try to reproduce this behaviour and try to make a video, it's really strange!
chrisrms

Post by chrisrms »

Hi,

just a feed-back about this issue.

I did a full charge of the battery and after that it seemed that the OSTC did not cycle alone through menus anmore. But last week, after a dive, it did it again, but no changing of values, only through menus. Though I wasn't able to take a video of it.

This seems to happen right after a dive, I put the OSTC in flat position on a case in the car while changing the drysuit and after a while I switch it on to trasfert the dive to my mobile phone and then, just after having switched it on, it starts cycling.

Anyway I still try to make a video.

Regards

Christoph
chrisrms

Post by chrisrms »

Hi,

another feed-back about this self cycling trough menus of the OSTC 4.

After another 10 dives since last post, this problem still occurs sometimes BUT at least does not change values in settings anymore, like it did before. It now enters the menu and then cycles through from one to another page but does not go to an item and changes the setting there!

It seems that this problem is related with the charge of the battery. I was used to only charge the battery when it was around 20 % or so. But it seems that the OSTC 4 does not like this. Now I don't let the battery go lower than about 50 % and then charge it to about 95 % and this seems to minimize this cycling problem.

Strange though still is, that my 1st OSTC 4, number 300, which is dead now because of a leak problem, did not at all have this cycling through menus issue, even with battery down to 20 % of charge, and now the new OSTC 4, number 516, does. AFAIR even button sensitivity is not the same between the 2 OSTC 4's. Must be related to some hardware change...

Best regards

Christoph