OSTC updating TR module

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
VK

OSTC updating TR module

Post by VK » Sunday 14. June 2020, 16:15

On another thread I wrote about my OSTC starting to update the TR module in the middle of a dive. I recalled that I had switched the view using the right piezo button, when the screen went black and a text appeared telling me that the OSTC was updating TR module. After a while it recovered.

I was instructed by Ralph to reset and reboot the OSTC and then upload the newest firmware. I did that a week ago and had no problems until today when the OSTC once again said it was updating the TR module. However, this time I know exactly what I was doing and I can now replicate the incident.

I had the compass view on and I set the course and viewed it a few times back and forth (by pressing left and right buttons) to test. When I then flipped through the different views to transmitter view, there were 5 imaginary transmitters visible with varying pressures and voltages (there are no transmitters within at least 10 meters of my location). I then pressed the menu button to enter the menu and then moved the cursor to exit and exited by pressing exit, when the updating TR module text appeared.
I can now reproduce the updating TR module incident every single time if I just repeat the steps described above. Flipping the course in compass view brings the imaginary transmitters to the transmitter view and then entering and exiting the menu triggers the TR module update. Every time.

Regards
VK

Ralph

Re: OSTC updating TR module

Post by Ralph » Monday 15. June 2020, 18:20

Hi,

thanks a lot for your detailed bug report - with the help of the procedure, we'll now be able to analyse and fix the code!

Ralph

VK

Re: OSTC updating TR module

Post by VK » Thursday 30. July 2020, 12:55

Hi,

Have you found anything in the code or is it my unit that’s malfunctioning? I noticed it’s probably not caused by setting the course in compass view but rather the actual time spent in that view (the imaginary transmitters appear without setting the course, if I spend a similar amount of time in the compass view). It’s rather annoying as it happens accidentally every now and then if I use the compass during a dive and thus would like the unit to stop behaving like that.

I’ll attach a couple of photos. I can also send a video if you like.
Attachments
102CDFA3-06AE-40CE-AA1F-D863BD3B787C.jpeg
0FD7B2D2-421A-477E-B266-CC8648417AD8.jpeg