OSTC 2C Problems

Legacy OSTC's
TimC

OSTC 2C Problems

Post by TimC »

Hi folks.

I have had two problems recently with my OSTC 2C that I bought second-hand a few months ago. Used a handful of times earlier this year.

Issue number 1:

Only happened a few days ago, I upgraded to the latest Firmware on this website but in the last few days the computer crashes completely when I go into Logbook. It just has "wait...." in the top right hand corner of the screen and does not respond to any commands. I have had to use my spare computer a few times because of this. It turns itself off after being left a few hours but seems locked. When I plug it into the charger, I can hear a little bit of static coming from the charging port itself - only happens when it's in the "wait...." mode!

Issue number 2:

I had a friend look at the OSTC in Subsurface when I bought it, tried downloading my dives just now but does not want to connect. I keep getting a "Unsupported operation" tab at the bottom even though it says COM3 is there when I go to click import from dive computer? Not the greatest with computers but my friend did install the driver for me a few months ago & we had it working in the pub (when we did the firmware upgrade) a few months ago. What am I doing wrong? I have also download OSTC Companion but it does not want to work....

13:53:09.563 OSTC2c selected.
13:53:11.311 Connecting...
13:53:11.311 Port is not defined.
13:53:11.332 Cannot connect : Port is not defined.
13:53:11.332 Error: Cannot connect : Port is not defined.

Anyone able to resolve either of these? T

Thank you
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC 2C Problems

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

TimC wrote: Saturday 7. May 2022, 14:53 When I plug it into the charger, I can hear a little bit of static coming from the charging port itself - only happens when it's in the "wait...." mode!
This really does not sound good. Is there water in the USB bulkhead? Never ever connect the 2C to USB power when the USB bulkhead is wet, this will make the port irrepaireable quickly!

And ALWAYS close the USB cap using the USB connector as a tool. When using a screwdriver you can easily overtighten the USB cap and the O-Ring might be damaged and water can enter. Only close the cap until it's flush with the alloy part. The O-Ring will seal just fine then.

Regards,
Matthias
TimC

Post by TimC »

Thanks Matthias, it doesn't do it anymore - I can see a tiny, tiny amount of condensation on the inner connector though? Would you advise applying any contact cleaner in there?

Are you able to advise on this "wait...." issue I get when trying to access my logbook on the dive computer? Even after posting the initial thread, it is stuck in "wait....." mode. Pressing either button helps get rid of this and I have just left it alone for a few hours/overnight for it to turn off. The issue happens again when going into Logbook.

Have any ideas what this may be? Firmware?
TimC

Post by TimC »

Just tried taking it for a dive - sadly it only went into dive mode towards the end of the dive and stayed in surface mode even at 5 metres.

Can anyone rectify this? It was working fine until a few days ago when the whole "wait...." issue happened when I went into logbook. This fault still occurs.

I am in England; who fixes OSTC computers in the UK?

Thanks.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

We really need to check the unit here at the factory. Do not attach to USB anymore, even when there is only little amount of water in the bulkhead. Please contact us: info@heinrichsweikamp.com via email for details.

regards,
Matthias
TimC

Post by TimC »

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for the reply - I have just sent an email to you.

Thank you