OSTC sport does not switch on with buttons

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
max

OSTC sport does not switch on with buttons

Post by max »

Hello. I have an OSTC Sport with red buttons. I updated the OS firmware a few weeks ago and have not dived since. Today I noticed that I cannot switch it on by pressing *buttons*, but it did switch on automatically on two dives. Back home, I changed the battery after the dives. The computer acted normally, it re-booted, asked about type of battery, I reset time and compass calibration. All seemed normal. However now it has switched off again, and I cannot switch it on pressing buttons. Any suggestions for a remedy? I could conceivably use the battery 'trick' to get it on, then try to load a previous firmware version? Has anyone come across this issue with the recent version? Any other tests I could do?
Sputnik

Re: OSTC sport does not switch on with buttons

Post by Sputnik »

Press both buttons at the same time. Description is in the changelog of the new version 10.74 "CHANGE: OSTC with mechanical (magnetic) buttons need both buttons being pressed to wake up"
gr3yw0lf

Post by gr3yw0lf »

hm...

be shure that the compas is calibrated properly, cause the wake-up is depending on the magnetic sensor (if i remember it right).
life is better in fins

OSTC Plus #18168
max

Post by max »

Great, thanks Sputnik, that worked! Much appreciated. I cannot seem to see the 10.74 log up in the "Announcements" part of this forum so your comment is appreciated. greywolf, I'll make sure to re-calibrate as well, I do that often anyway. Great, so now I can go off to Norway with my trusty OSTC next week! That was a quick solution, I'm relieved.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

gr3yw0lf wrote: Monday 20. June 2022, 04:57 be shure that the compas is calibrated properly, cause the wake-up is depending on the magnetic sensor (if i remember it right).
Not quite. The accelerometer is used in some versions of the OSTC 2 and plus to enable the buttons when the unit is not moved for 24h. Not relevant here for the OSTC sport with magnetic push buttons. The accelerometer does not need any calibration in order to do this. Calibration is only required for the compass function.

Regards,
Matthias