OSTC plus not turning on not charging

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Rapid Amoeba

OSTC plus not turning on not charging

Post by Rapid Amoeba »

Hi,

I haven't used my computer for some time and now it won't turn on. I'm aware that I shouldn't have let the battery drop so low that this could happen, but here I am.
I've tried the magnet on the screen trick while charging to get the charger to re-engage, also tried various power plugs as wasn't sure if the one I usually use was powerful enough for the battery being so flat, but no luck.
I can't get the battery compartment to open to check if I can externally charge the battery or if a replacement battery will work or not.
I also tried taking it on a dive to see if the automatic switch on facility would work, but again, nothing.
Is there anything else I should be trying before sending it back for a bit of an overhaul?

Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks
Alison
gr3yw0lf

Re: OSTC plus not turning on not charging

Post by gr3yw0lf »

hm...

if you are diving most in salt water, I would put the ostc in fresh water - at least over night and then try to open the battery compartment maybe with a screwdriver.
life is better in fins

OSTC Plus #18168
Rapid Amoeba

Re: OSTC plus not turning on not charging

Post by Rapid Amoeba »

Hi

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I mostly dive in salt water and I rinse my computer in freshwater after every dive.
I used a large blade screwdriver to try and open the battery compartment but it's slipped twice now leaving 'bite' marks and I don't want to risk irreversible damage to the computer.

I will steep it in warm water for a longer time and see if that helps at all but the cap seems to be stuck tight.

Thanks
Ali