Error Altitude Diving

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Patrick_

Error Altitude Diving

Post by Patrick_ »

Hi Team,

I wanted you to be aware of a bug [?] related to altitude change.
Transfer by car from Basel (~290 m) to the Schluchsee (~930 m). Upon arrival, I recognized that the computer registered a ghost dive that never took place (41 h 38 min, 21.9 m). This must have been triggered by the change in altitude. Correctly, this dive is not stored in the logbook.
Coming with a Desat penalty of 9:00 can be reasonable, though last time I got 3:00, but I can not recall the pressure system.
Either way, upon descending back to Basel, another dive (3 h 56 min) was registered. That would match the surface interval after the second dive of the day. See screenshots attached.

Something seems off with the recognition of altitude.

OSTC 2, v10.73

Best,
Patrick
Attachments
Error_Altitude_20220724.jpg
Patrick_

Re: Error Altitude Diving

Post by Patrick_ »

This weekend, a very similar malfunction occurred again!
Again there was a ghost dive on the main display showing time and depth of the last time with a random surface interval. No log in the logbook.
This time also a 00:20 remaining desaturation was logged. Clearly not arising from the last dive.
While I could not take a picture, there is an eyewitness to the incident.

The ghost surface interval is in both occasions more or less matching the driving time to the dive spot. Correlation isn't causation, but at least it is a hint. Only happens since the latest firmware update (OSTC2, OSTC sport).