OSTC dive event logs?

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
TobyUnderPressure

OSTC dive event logs?

Post by TobyUnderPressure »

Hi,

I have been using my OSTC3+ for a while now and installed Subsurface on my computer to download my dives to. It's all pretty good and quite impressive the amount of available data!

However I noticed in the Subsurface documentation that some other dive computers show events for safety stops, ascent warnings and myriad other warnings and events on the dive profiles. This would all be really useful information to have especially when trying to review a dive (and any mistakes that were made) afterwards or troubleshoot any apparent issues one might be having with the dive computer.

I've been told on the Subsurface forums that this data isn't available for OSTC dive computers currently. Is there any possibility recording these events in a way that could be accessed by dive logging software could be included in future firmware updates? Or is there a way to access this data already?

I'd be very interested to hear what people have to say.

Cheers,

Toby
swissdiving

Re: OSTC dive event logs?

Post by swissdiving »

What data exactly do other dive computers make available that you would like to see?
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892
--> OSTC4 ¦ 257 / 392 / 424 / 647/1324 Fischer

RTFM
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC dive event logs?

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

The OSTC stores depth, temperature, deco stops, CNS, OC gas and diluent changes, setpoint changes, oxygen sensors in CCR computers, CC->Bailout events, leading tissue supersaturation, alarms (battery warning, manual marker set, ppO2 low and high, deco stop missed).

The optional safety stop is not logged, it's a not a deco stop you can miss. It's just a simple reminder and timer.

Regards,
Matthias