OSTC 4 with 3x Solid-State Sensor

The big one
petkozaric

OSTC 4 with 3x Solid-State Sensor

Post by petkozaric »

Hello to everyone,

I see that HW now offers a Solid State Sensor from DiveO2 with monitor.

Can we expect integration of three cell readings on OSTC 4 and how it will be powered?

I notice that it still doesn't exist in the shop.

Thanks
BR
Petko
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC 4 with 3x Solid-State Sensor

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

This will require additional electronics in your rebreather head. We have such electronics developed already but it's still being tested and is not yet supported in the OSTC 4 firmware.
uart_multiplexer.jpg
Power will be supplied from the OSTC 4 for all sensors. It has more then enough battery capacity for things like this.

regards,
Matthias
petkozaric

Post by petkozaric »

[quote=heinrichsweikamp post_id=24177 time=1681378758 user_id=148]
Hi,

This will require additional electronics in your rebreather head. We have such electronics developed already but it's still being tested and is not yet supported in the OSTC 4 firmware.

uart_multiplexer.jpg

Power will be supplied from the OSTC 4 for all sensors. It has more then enough battery capacity for things like this.

regards,
Matthias
[/quote]

thank you Matthias,

That's encouraging news!

Do you know when the complete monitoring system with SS sensor, multiplexer, OSTC 4 will be ready for ordering?

Have you considered how backup monitoring device (HUD) can monitor the same sensors?

Best regards
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

We have this working in the current beta, see: https://code.heinrichsweikamp.com/publi ... 5f45448eb6 (and later revisions).

There are quite a lot of construction sites in the code right now (Many improvements to come). It will take a while until we release the new (beta) version then.

Regards,
Matthias
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

the multiplexer support is part of the last released software (1.6.5 / 3.20). I attached some pictures showing my upgraded Habanero. All you need is an adapter case for the PCB (in this cases 3D printed). Beside the 4 pin connectors you can see a jack plug which is for legacy sensors. Of course it is possible to run digital with analog sensors in parallel.

The sensor slots are polled by the OSTC4 (Master - Slave) that is why reading the sensor by just plugging the HUD into another slot will not work. The OSTC4 could forward the data to the HUD but that would not be a 100% independend backup solution. In general the OSTC4 is needed to operate the multiplexer.

Kind regards,
Thorsten
Attachments
UpgradedHead.jpg
MuxAdapter.jpg
Assembly.jpg