Button's problem

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Sly

Button's problem

Post by Sly »

Hi,
I just bought an OSTC 2 (Mod. 2022) and I have a problem with the 2 piezo buttons which are impossible to use with gloves. Without gloves, you have to press exactly in the center for the button to work. With gloves, it's almost impossible... Of course, I tried adjusting the button sensitivity, but nothing seems to work. A friend who bought the same model told me that he has the same problem. Is this an isolated issue or is it a known problem?
Thanks in advance,
Sylvain
snowman

Re: Button's problem

Post by snowman »

Funnily enough, I'm noticing a similar problem with my Sport - It's a few years old now, but the right side button needs a hard push and responds only about 1/3 time out of the water (seems better in the water).

I guess I should send it back to HW for a repair before it fails completely.

I'm still a fan of their computers, though.

Edit : I should have expected it - That button is the least of the problems as the screen has now died!

Can I send an OSTC Sport in for repair? I've emailed HW, but not had a reply yet.
SpiritOfPhotography

Post by SpiritOfPhotography »

After quite some years, I am now experiencing the same issue: Buttons need to be heavily pressed, not just pushed, and sometimes, there is no reaction of the OSTC Sport. Luckily it still switches on when being submerged. But connecting via BT for maintenance or changing settings prior to a dive is getting a big mess.

What is the solution here?
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Contact us directly in this case, please.

info@heinrichsweikamp.com

regards,
Matthias
SpiritOfPhotography

Post by SpiritOfPhotography »

Thanks, the email exchange was very helpful and now it works again.