Display dropout during dive.

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
TedRob

Display dropout during dive.

Post by TedRob »

Hi,

Just had a dive where my new ostc plus had a crash of some kind during the dive.

After about 20 mins on the bottom the display just went black. Once we surfaced the display came back, and on the main display summary view shows the correct dive details, however trying to access the logbook just kicks you back out into the menu after a screen refresh.

Is this just dodgy memory writing causing a crash during the dive? I've got a few more dives coming up and I plan to do a complete firmware reflash and factory reset to see if it helps, but I am a little concerned

Cheers
TedRob

Re: Display dropout during dive.

Post by TedRob »

heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

There are no known issues in the 10.76 firmware. Check the battery compartment, all dry and clean? Recharge battery overnight.

Regards,
Matthias
TedRob

Post by TedRob »

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for confirming that.

Battery compartment is dry but the threads on the cap were a bit gunky and had some shavings in, so I've cleaned it up and I'm cycling the battery with an external charger to test it this evening.
TedRob

Post by TedRob »

heinrichsweikamp wrote: Saturday 10. June 2023, 15:52 There are no known issues in the 10.76 firmware. Check the battery compartment, all dry and clean? Recharge battery overnight.

Regards,
Matthias
Somethings seems wrong. I can't access the logbook, and I can't even reset it through the menu. Is there any way to do a hard wipe of the memory? Or does it kick you out the memory if it's empty as well?
TedRob

Post by TedRob »

Another >30 m dive today. Took another computer as a primary and just took the plus to see if the issue occured again, and same thing, just past 30 m the display goes blank. Back light for the lcd is still on but that's all.

5 min or so after surfacing the unit comes back to life.

Ive emailed about a RMA under warranty as it looks like a hardware fault on the screen and the unit is less than a month old.
dadefay

Post by dadefay »

Hi,

I had exactly the same trouble two years ago. HW concluded the pressure sensor was faulty.

Kind regards.
Didier A. Defay
OC trimix instructor / Trimix CCR diver
France

OSTC 2 #18835
- OSTC Plus #16077
-- OSTC 3+ #4806
--- OSTC 3 #3999
TedRob

Post by TedRob »

dadefay wrote: Monday 12. June 2023, 15:03 Hi,

I had exactly the same trouble two years ago. HW concluded the pressure sensor was faulty.

Kind regards.
Had a mate to used to have a couple say he had the exact same issue as well, wonder if there was just a bad batch or something