OSTC2 cannot connect Blue Tooth to Win11

Legacy OSTC's
EuSch

OSTC2 cannot connect Blue Tooth to Win11

Post by EuSch »

Hello

Newly bought OSTC2 cannot connect to Windows11 PC, OSTC does connect to Android and other device (Iphone) connects to PC. OSTC companion 3.0.8 installed (3.2.1 encountered problem: VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll not found), VCPD CDM212364_SetUp installed and Diving log 6.0 installed but still no Blue Tooth connection. What to do and how to organize a stable Blue Tooth connection?

Thanks for any good advice
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC2 cannot connect Blue Tooth to Win11

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

There really are no secret tricks here.

Using Windows, pair the unit in the Bluetooth settings. Make sure a COM port was assigned, if not: Click Advanced Bluetooth options, Com-Ports tab -> Add...
The correct one is marked with SPP, Outgoing connection.

Alternatively: All current OSTC support BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). In Divinglog, click Downloader -> Connection -> BLE -> Select and select your OSTC from the list. This works without prior pairing in the windows settings.

Regards,
Matthias
swissdiving

Re: OSTC2 cannot connect Blue Tooth to Win11

Post by swissdiving »

And, from my point of view Diving Log is a nightmare to connect on BT to the OSTC even when the OSTC has a connection with BT to Windows. Its been a problem for years.

Not to speak of downoading dives from different OSTCs.

I have a lot less problems with Subsurface. The only reason why I persist wit Diving Log is because I've got 35 years of diving on that program.
And I do work in IT...

And downloading via Android tends to work more reliably.
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892
--> OSTC4 ¦ 257 / 392 / 424 / 647/1324 Fischer

RTFM