OSTC Sport Dive Mode Switch-on

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
TerryEde

OSTC Sport Dive Mode Switch-on

Post by TerryEde »

My OSTC Sport did not switch to dive mode on yesterday's 30m dive. Surface mode is OK and indeed I could examine my dive logs at 30m!

I'm using Firmware 10.4 with battery voltage of 4.15 (T4) and have completed 95 earlier dives with this computer with no problems. Any ideas please?
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC Sport Dive Mode Switch-on

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

T4 and "OSTC sport" does not fit.

Do you have have an OSTC2?

That's an OSTC sport:
OSTC_sport_front.jpg
That's an OSTC 2 (Mod. 2017):
heinrichs-weikamp-ostc2-2017_8.png
regards,
Matthias
TerryEde

Re: OSTC Sport Dive M2ode Switch-on

Post by TerryEde »

Yes, you are right, it is an OSTC2 as in your photo. Sorry for confusion.
heinrichsweikamp

First, I would recommend to run an upgrade to the 10.76 (Very easy with our mobile apps, see: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14509 )

What's the pressure and temperature reading in the surface mode then?

Regards,
Matthias
TerryEde

Post by TerryEde »

Upgrading firmware to the latest version seems to have cleared the problem. It has just managed to log a dive in our 1.7m deep koi pond. However, it has not updated the version number. still showing version 10.40.

Before the update it showed an excessively high atmospheric pressure of 1030mbar but this corrected itself to 1007mbar and a temperature of 18 degC following update.

I have tried updating with both 321_EN_2_tr_OSTC3_firmware.hex and also 321_EN_3_CR_OSTC3_firmware.hex but neither update the version number on the dive computer. Am I using the right files?

Thanks for your help. Regards.

Terry
heinrichsweikamp

Hi,

You have the OSTC 2 in the hwOS Sport version. So use the file v10_76_EN_DE_ostc_sport_firmware.hex for your OSTC.

The TECH version can not be installed on your unit and it will stay on the old firmware in this case.

You can download the firmware here: https://heinrichsweikamp.com/index.php/ ... /firmwares

Pressure/Temp reading seems to be fine.

Regards,
Matthias
TerryEde

Post by TerryEde »

Many thanks. This time I have managed to upgrade the software. It's showing the updated version and giving me a few extra options.

However, my original 10.4 firmware gave me a single conservatism setting whereas the new one has various options to adjust the GF and saturation.

I'm using ZH-L16+GF, is there any easy comparison between the old conservatism option and the GF settings?

Many thanks once again.

Terry
heinrichsweikamp

That's from the old manual (Page 17):
conservatism.PNG
Regards,
Matthias
TerryEde

Post by TerryEde »

Many thanks. I'm all set up now. Really appreciate all your help.

Terry
TerryEde

Post by TerryEde »

Computer was fine for a few days following firmware update. However, it switched from standby to surface mode by itself overnight and showed no compass direction or meaningful pressure or temperature. Pressure I think was shown as 9999. Every few minutes it tried to go back to standby mode for perhaps two seconds but then returned to surface mode with the same problem. I repeated the firmware update procedure which it took including a reboot but still had the same problem. I placed it in about 8cm of water just in case there was any contamination but it then changed to dive mode and has stayed in dive mode at some 41m and a temperature of 60 degC as it rests on my kitchen sink.

It looks to me as though the sensor module has failed? Where do I go from here?

Many thanks.

Terry Ede
swissdiving

Post by swissdiving »

Write email to HW.
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892
--> OSTC4 ¦ 257 / 392 / 424 / 647/1324 Fischer

RTFM
TerryEde

Post by TerryEde »

Update - my computer eventually ran out of charge and I assume rebooted itself on recharge. It is now back into sleep mode with surface mode accessible and all the sensors seem to be working. Leaves me perplexed and lacking confidence with it.