OSTC Plus begin dive strange display

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
bantam_w

OSTC Plus begin dive strange display

Post by bantam_w »

On Saturday 25th November on the first dive of the day, my OSTC Plus running hwOS tech 3.21 exhibited a strange behaviour at the start of the dive. For some reason whilst I was kitting up I must have brushed one of the buttons and it was in the 'Main Menu' screen. When I glanced at the screen down at 2m deep it was still on main menu but the computer buttons were unresponsive. Then it overlaid the dive mode screen on top of the menu (it was partially corrupt). For the whole dive the dive information was correct but it was on this confusing corrupted screen with the main menu still partially visible underneath. Unfortunately I didn't take in my camera so I couldn't capture what it was showing.

Then when I got back after the dive, nothing was written to the log for that dive.

Second and subsequent dives this weekend it has performed fine. However, when trying to download the dives via Subsurface today, it wouldn't download any of the dives in the computer and it seems to have lost all dives before this weekend in the computer.

Thankfully the OSTC is my backup computer and I use a shearwater as my primary which has been flawless.

I'm off diving in a couple of weeks time and will try it again then (I've done a partial reset of the computer to try and see if that helps).
Motardplongeur

Re: OSTC Plus begin dive strange display

Post by Motardplongeur »

Hi, was it something like here ? viewtopic.php?t=22445
Les pieds dans l'eau, la tête dans les étoiles, le reste sur terre !

OSTC #12002 & #11150
DrFosterGloucester

Post by DrFosterGloucester »

My OSTC 2 also did exactly this the other day. I managed to exit the weird overlaid mode by pressing a combination of the buttons which I think essentially was bringing up the little dive mode menu and exiting it. It then worked normally for the rest of the dive.

Two dives later, the same thing happened but this time it stayed frozen on main menu and completely locked up. Three days later it ran out of power and I charged it up. No issues since.

My assumption is software issue as several of us have reported the same things at the same time it seems. However, mine was on 3.20 when this happened.
bantam_w

Post by bantam_w »

Motardplongeur wrote: Monday 27. November 2023, 18:34 Hi, was it something like here ? viewtopic.php?t=22445
Yes - exactly like this :)